Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Indiana at Wisconsin Game Thread

3 minutes ago, GoIU8 said:

Archie's guys are gonna have to get out of here before things can get going. There is no killer instinct on this team and no one on this roster can take over a game.

This is the exact same thing people said when Archie was hired, though. ‘These are Crean’s guys, wait till Archie gets his players.’ 

9 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Have a feeling Lander might enter the transfer portal after this season. I don’t think Woodson has any interest in playing him much, especially after what he just said at the post game presser. 

I honestly wouldn’t blame Lander if he did. I have no idea why Woody completely took him out of the rotation. Seems like some players are allowed to make mistake after mistake but others can’t even breathe the wrong way. 

14 minutes ago, Trish said:

Yeah Archie didn’t have anything going for him and we may never know why everything became stale. But if we strike out on Woodson, who is an IU alum of course, this fan base might catch a bus to West LaLa and support the #1 team in America. 

Yeah, no.  Next time I go thru West lala I'm going to take a dump.  

16 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Not even close to as talented. Troy had a 3 year nba career. 

I agree. But I wasn’t comparing talent. I’m comparing the level of inconsistency. Either very good or very bad. Nothing reliable in between. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This is the exact same thing people said when Archie was hired, though. ‘These are Crean’s guys, wait till Archie gets his players.’ 

Thank you! TJD is an All-American and most definitely is an Archie guy. Without him we'd be far worse off

10 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Have a feeling Lander might enter the transfer portal after this season. I don’t think Woodson has any interest in playing him much, especially after what he just said at the post game presser. 

Looking like a good possibility.  By the same token it is impetrative that we dip into the portal for a pg and a big (or two).  Duncomb appears to be a project at best.

4 minutes ago, Southside said:

Yup. I certainly understand emotions are high after any loss, and much higher in a loss where we had a huge 1H advantage. 

But it was WI.. Anyone jumping off the Woody train, or the IU train, already, needs help. 

Agreed.  Woody has Fife and Matta to lean on.  This will get corrected with strategy or roster upgrades

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I honestly wouldn’t blame Lander if he did. I have no idea why Woody completely took him out of the rotation. Seems like some players are allowed to make mistake after mistake but others can’t even breathe the wrong way. 

He doesn’t like his man bun!

13 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Get off the ledge guys.  Sure we spazzed the game away.  Woulda , coulda, shoulda.  We'll get there.  It's still early.   Not going to be a straight line.  This will be a different team come March than it is today.  

I agree! This game will be a nice teaching moment!  And we will make the dance!

it wouldn’t surprise me if he benched C the next game or two.  He was pissed at him.  Phinesee isn’t playing well either, maybe give Lander a shot at playing more

1 minute ago, hoosierbannerd said:

Like a bad QB in football, if you don't have a team leader type at point, everything else goes to sh*t fast.. Woody better figure it out.  What did he say about Lander in the presser?

He was asked that when X was struggle did you consider Lander? He said something along the lines that he didn’t even consider it.

I wouldn’t be surprised after hearing that, that lander hits the portal between semesters!

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

My point is that these guys have a losing mentality. I don't care how great Jackson-Davis is, he's used to getting 20 points 12 rebounds in a loss. No one on this team knows how to finish a game for ****. 

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

He was asked that when X was struggle did you consider Lander? He said something along the lines that he didn’t even consider it.

I wouldn’t be surprised after hearing that, that lander hits the portal between semesters!

appreciated

3 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I agree! This game will be a nice teaching moment!  And we will make the dance!

it wouldn’t surprise me if he benched C the next game or two.  He was pissed at him.  Phinesee isn’t playing well either, maybe give Lander a shot at playing more

Syracuse should've been a teaching moment.  We won't make the tournament playing only one half a game in conference.

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

He’s been low key disrespectful to Lander in his media comments. Before the season he referred to him as ‘Little Khristian.’ Strange. 

This was ugly guys...As excited as I was about Coach (still am) this is unacceptable. I don't understand how your All-American doesn't touch the ball down the stretch in this game. Sad thing is even up 22 points I knew this game would somehow come down to the wire. Why? Because we saw this happen against Eastern Michigan and St. John's. Never did I think IU would actually lose.

Awful trend going on with this team...1) Not being able to finish games. We saw this against Eastern Michigan. You can get away with that there. Not on the road at Wisconsin. 2) Slow starts. Saw this against Northern Illinois and Nebraska. Again, you can get away with that there. Not on the road at Syracuse. Both have one thing in common...long scoring droughts. We saw this with the previous regime and we are seeing it now. If you want to set yourself up for success in the NCAA Tournament, you're going to have to win on the road. Zero clue how or why Woodson let Johnson take control. That just can't happen. 

Awful, sickening loss. Right now this is not a tournament team. I know a lot of you can't stand him but Dan Dakich is right...win something before you start running your mouth. Our best win is against a borderline NCAA team at home against St. John's.