Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Indiana at Wisconsin Game Thread

7 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I agree with this.  X was horrible tonight.  But the truth is that neither of the other two point guards we have can match what he does when he's going right.  Our team's ceiling is higher with X.

Can Hood Schifino enroll for the second semester?

5 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I highly doubt that Archie would have the kind of guards coming in that Woodson does. Not that those guards will save this mess that's been going on, but Archie was a deadman walking on the recruiting trail. Not throwing in the towel, but that was one of the most frustrating iU losses I've seen the past few years

I give you IU vs. Indiana State 90-69.  Then I give you IU vs IUPFW 92-72.  We are a long way from that crap.  

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

A new coach is probably one of the few reasons anyone is still watching this mess. 

You're an NBA guy, right? Look at what keeping the same core group of average to below average players year after year, and never expecting anything more than average results has done to the Pacers. Currently last in the league in attendance. 

Sticking with something that isn't working usually doesn't end well. 

I think my NBA perspective of keeping bad coaches / players around usually tends to lead to better things — High draft picks, trade assets, more coaches interested. 

I always look at bigger picture. Archie wasn’t the answer this year but Mike Woodson not being the right answer could put this program in the grave. I personally would’ve taken my chances with Dane. 

Didn’t expect to win but the first half got my hopes up! Am I mad, yes, I can’t stand this losing streak at Wisconsin; but to expect this team to come out after a coaching change with a majority of the previous players with some new faces and take over the B1G is a little high of an expectation for me. 

I hope this game causes an epiphany with Woody, Phinese doesn’t need the minutes he is getting, I don’t care if he is the best lock down defender in the whole NCAA; he is a HOLE on offense! He is 7/25 fg (28%) and 3/13 3pt (23%). The team is flat when he is on the floor, don’t get into their sets, and are just stagnant. Rob just doesn’t have it anymore, he is not the player he was projecting to be his freshman year. Yes Lander is rough, but he’s shooting 45% from the field, 33% from 3 and only has 2 more TOs than Rob. Enough is enough of Rob.

X needs to figure out that at the end of the game there are other players, including better players on the floor. No Xcuse for the 5 shots in a row.

Bates needs to be seeking shots, creating for himself! He also needs to be starting instead of Kopp. 

Not ready to give up hope yet, but the coaches have enough film now that they should start seeing who needs to be on the floor regardless of how practice goes. 

1 minute ago, IUFAN1976 said:

This is exactly what I seen.  X trying to play hero and didn’t get others involved.  That pick & roll was working but X stopped looking for it and started looking to score. Stewart & Kopp we’re non-existent in the 2nd half but I blame X and Phinesee.  Phinesee kept dribbling too much east and west, I never seen him go north and south

Thus the problem. X can get downhill when Phinisee can't/won't. I'm confident Lander can't guard  well enough against Big10 guards and when I watch on offense he looks tentative and trying to avoid the mistakes. We have little choice to throw X out there if he's not in foul trouble, which he can easily be baited into. We need better PG play pronto. Can JHS reclassify like now? So frustrating

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

I give you IU vs. Indiana State 90-69.  Then I give you IU vs IUPFW 92-72.  We are a long way from that crap.  

Fair enough - those were admittedly rough - but those teams got hot from the field and never cooled off. We were up 20 then played not to lose. Just pathetic

Archie's guys are gonna have to get out of here before things can get going. There is no killer instinct on this team and no one on this roster can take over a game.

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Yet you wanted to keep a guy who had nothing going for him?  Wow.

If you read my reasoning’s then I explain why it would’ve been potentially* better in the long run. 

We’ll find out when Woodson fails or succeeds here at IU. 

Just now, GoIU8 said:

Archie's guys are gonna have to get out of here before things can get going. There is no killer instinct on this team and no one on this roster can take over a game.

We have a first team all American on the floor but no intention to get him the ball. 

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

C'mon -- this is just foolish. 

Do you really honestly think we would lose fans to -- Purdue? I could see fans possibly becoming disinterested, but to jump to -- Purdue? 

If any IU fan EVER jumps to Purdue, they weren't an IU fan in the first place. 

I mean if people can change political sides then people can change favorite teams right? LOL * not trying to bring politics into this but anything is truly possible. 

I agree though, I personally would never be an Purdue fan. But we also must remember a lot of IU fans are just casual fans. They’re not nerds like us!

12 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Exactly.  1998 goes back to the Knight years folks.  Wis at home is a tough place.  

Yup. I certainly understand emotions are high after any loss, and much higher in a loss where we had a huge 1H advantage. 

But it was WI.. Anyone jumping off the Woody train, or the IU train, already, needs help. 

I want to like Woody but I’m just not sold on him. Sure, he had decades of NBA coaching experience, but most of it was as an assistant. He was a mediocre head coach. Expecting him to walk into college and dominate was always a highly optimistic hope. 17 points in the second half. I don’t understand his rotations. This loss is on him. 

6 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Have a feeling Lander might enter the transfer portal after this season. I don’t think Woodson has any interest in playing him much, especially after what he just said at the post game presser. 

I’ve even wondered if he will come back from Christmas break.