Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Indiana at Wisconsin Game Thread

2 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Good news is I will be sitting Courtside while they take their frustrations out on Merrimack

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

That's another noon start. Don't expect much till 12:30.

Just now, Cliche said:

Yeah, I get that. And I guess Rob came in for a bit, but the last ten minutes from X was just not good. If they can’t get production from the other pgs, they have to figure out how to keep his head right. 

I agree with this.  X was horrible tonight.  But the truth is that neither of the other two point guards we have can match what he does when he's going right.  Our team's ceiling is higher with X.

Just now, colonel06 said:

Sorry to say but this one is a lot on Woody directly. The team needed his expertise in managing that 2nd half, I just didn’t see it.

Yep.  Wisc clearly made adjustments at the half and completely took the 3-pt game away from us.  It didn't appear we made any adjustments.

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

I highly doubt that Archie would have the kind of guards coming in that Woodson does. Not that those guards will save this mess that's been going on, but Archie was a deadman walking on the recruiting trail. Not throwing in the towel, but that was one of the most frustrating iU losses I've seen the past few years

Yeah Archie didn’t have anything going for him and we may never know why everything became stale. But if we strike out on Woodson, who is an IU alum of course, this fan base might catch a bus to West LaLa and support the #1 team in America. 

2 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I highly doubt that Archie would have the kind of guards coming in that Woodson does. Not that those guards will save this mess that's been going on, but Archie was a deadman walking on the recruiting trail. Not throwing in the towel, but that was one of the most frustrating iU losses I've seen the past few years

And Archie would have lost so many players to the portal as well.  TJD, Stewart, Lander, Race.....they would have all left.

3 minutes ago, Trish said:

It wouldn’t have been good. But here were my points of keeping him. 

- Save athletic department money (in this case a donor)

- More hopeful* quality candidates next year (2022)

- We save ourselves from hiring someone who doesn’t move the needle and losing the fan base further (TBD)

Everyone’s viewpoints are different. I’m looking at the long picture here. 

A new coach is probably one of the few reasons anyone is still watching this mess. 

You're an NBA guy, right? Look at what keeping the same core group of average to below average players year after year, and never expecting anything more than average results has done to the Pacers. Currently last in the league in attendance. 

Sticking with something that isn't working usually doesn't end well. 

Just now, Trish said:

Yeah Archie didn’t have anything going for him and we may never know why everything became stale. But if we strike out on Woodson, who is an IU alum of course, this fan base might catch a bus to West LaLa and support the #1 team in America. 

Or maybe some of have thicker skin than that.  

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Johnson tried to do what he tried to do at Pitt......but they were usually down 20 in these kinds of environments and he was trying to dominate the ball there because the talent was horrible.  Hero ball down 20 without talent ain't what this team needed tonight.

This is exactly what I seen.  X trying to play hero and didn’t get others involved.  That pick & roll was working but X stopped looking for it and started looking to score. Stewart & Kopp we’re non-existent in the 2nd half but I blame X and Phinesee.  Phinesee kept dribbling too much east and west, I never seen him go north and south

Just now, Trish said:

That, personally, will never happen for me. I'd hop on the Gonzaga or Duke train, or anyone else, before that I'd ever cheer on Purdue

Big is down no way we should lose this game I knew we were in trouble when they scored the last 5 points of the first half. Next year without Trace and Race will be unwatchable. I don’t want to hear how this team should be rated. Give me a break.

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

Get off the ledge guys.  Sure we spazzed the game away.  Woulda , coulda, shoulda.  We'll get there.  It's still early.   Not going to be a straight line.  This will be a different team come March than it is today.  

You're right, I think this experience will pay off when we have to win on the road in the NIT quarterfinals. 

1 minute ago, Trish said:

Did you go to IU?

There is no frigging way in the world I would catch a bus to support PU or even consider doing so for a microsecond.