Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Indiana at Wisconsin Game Thread

I think Woody needs to find a way to instill some confidence in Lander. He hasn't played since Syracuse.

And we need him. We need somebody. 

I love Rob, but at this point, he's a lost cause. And when X sucks or is in foul trouble -- we got nobody to step in. X shouldn't have been out there for those final 3-4 minutes. 

There is absolutely zero reason to be playing Johnson and Phinisee a lot of minutes at this point. Both are bad and aren’t going to be around after this year (hopefully). Just give the minutes to Bates and Lander. This doesn’t look like a tournament team right now. Fringe at best. Phinisee has literally gotten worse each year. It’s crazy. How are you a worse player as a senior at IU than you were as a senior in high school? I truly believe that too. 

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Johnson sucked in the 2nd half and was remarkably selfish. 

Johnson tried to do what he tried to do at Pitt......but they were usually down 20 in these kinds of environments and he was trying to dominate the ball there because the talent was horrible.  Hero ball down 20 without talent ain't what this team needed tonight.

Just now, IUfan_Charlie said:

There is absolutely zero reason to be playing Johnson and Phinisee at this point. Both are bad and aren’t going to be around after this year (hopefully). Just give the minutes to Bates and Lander. This doesn’t look like a tournament team right now. Fringe at best. Phinisee has literally gotten worse each year. It’s crazy. How are you a worse player as a senior at IU than you were as a senior in high school? I truly believe that too. 

Bates isn't a point guard and Lander doesn't seem to know the offense.

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Stupidest 2nd half I’ve ever watched. I’m done guys. Excitement is gone. To be honest it’s not been up, because we’ve not been playing good basketball. Recruiting isn’t fantastic. Coaching isn’t anything special. Epic, laughable collapse. I’ve held on long enough. I’ll check back in sometime. I need a break.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Don't blame you one bit. Didn't watch a second of the game, but when i saw the score and we were up 17 at half, I told my son, we will lose this game. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought that.

Just now, DChoosier said:

Another year of Archie would have been insufferable and most of the players we have wouldn’t have stayed on the team. We had zero momentum with Archie, ZERO, who led us to yet another 9th place finish in his 4th season.  Another year of Archie would have been a DISASTER..

It wouldn’t have been good. But here were my points of keeping him. 

- Save athletic department money (in this case a donor)

- More hopeful* quality candidates next year (2022)

- We save ourselves from hiring someone who doesn’t move the needle and losing the fan base further (TBD)

Everyone’s viewpoints are different. I’m looking at the long picture here. 

5 minutes ago, Southside said:

Personally I'm not worried. Not being able to do something we haven't been able to do in 20+ years isn't something that's going to kill my confidence, and doubt it does the team's either. We saw how well we could play in the 1H, and we saw how bad we can play in the 2H. Lots of teaching moments. I could nit pick all kinds of stuff, but I'm just not going to lol. If we're stepping on our own dicks at midseason, I'll be more troubled. Tonight I chalk mostly up to bad PG play. Lots of other things, but not freaking out.

Exactly.  1998 goes back to the Knight years folks.  Wis at home is a tough place.  

7 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Won’t beat anyone scoring 17 in a half. 
I’m bummed but not close to the degree of those that are “done”.
First half showed we can and will win a fair number of games. 
TJD shut down and X tried to put on a Superman cape. Really forced way too much.

First half showed what they can do if they play with intensity.  2nd half showed why they're not undefeated, they refuse to play more than 1 half.

Just now, brumdog45 said:

It would be nice if we were seeing anything out of the guys behind him.  Wish we were.

Yeah, I get that. And I guess Rob came in for a bit, but the last ten minutes from X was just not good. If they can’t get production from the other pgs, they have to figure out how to keep his head right. 

I assumed this game would be a loss, but it’s obviously disappointing after the first half. This was the type of collapse we’ve seen too many times. 

Just very disappointing the coaching staff didn’t get Kopp or Parker involved in the second half. 

Like we just shot incredible in the first half and we don’t get any looks until we’re down 3 with a minute to go and we get a stagger play for Parker? 

Maybe Woodson wanted them to figure it out and be hard headed but it just baffles me we didn’t get our shooters looks. Wisconsin didn’t take away our shooters in the second half. 

1 minute ago, Trish said:

It wouldn’t have been good. But here were my points of keeping him. 

- Save athletic department money (in this case a donor)

- More hopeful* quality candidates next year (2022)

- We save ourselves from hiring someone who doesn’t move the needle and losing the fan base further (TBD)

Everyone’s viewpoints are different. I’m looking at the long picture here. 

I highly doubt that Archie would have the kind of guards coming in that Woodson does. Not that those guards will save this mess that's been going on, but Archie was a deadman walking on the recruiting trail. Not throwing in the towel, but that was one of the most frustrating iU losses I've seen the past few years