Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Indiana at Wisconsin Game Thread

If Woody comes into this presser and does his usual “ho hum, chill guy” thing after that I’m gonna start to lose some confidence that he is adjusting to college coaching. He needs to show some emotion. He got outcoached. His team lost a game they shouldn’t lose. You don’t turn any corners talking about moral victories and saying “the difference between the two halves was we didn’t make shots and they made them in the second half.” No. 

1 minute ago, Five Prime said:

Losing a game in this nature can have implications on a team's confidence.  This one wasn't good even if the result was expected. 

Personally I'm not worried. Not being able to do something we haven't been able to do in 20+ years isn't something that's going to kill my confidence, and doubt it does the team's either. We saw how well we could play in the 1H, and we saw how bad we can play in the 2H. Lots of teaching moments. I could nit pick all kinds of stuff, but I'm just not going to lol. If we're stepping on our own dicks at midseason, I'll be more troubled. Tonight I chalk mostly up to bad PG play. Lots of other things, but not freaking out.

Just now, JerryYeagley23 said:

If Woody comes into this presser and does his usual “ho hum, chill guy” thing after that I’m gonna start to lose some confidence that he is adjusting to college coaching. He needs to show some emotion. He got outcoached. His team lost a game they shouldn’t lose. You don’t turn any corners talking about moral victories and saying “the difference between the two halves was we didn’t make shots and they made them in the second half.” No. 

Jerry is right on this folks. 

Johnson sucked in the 2nd half and was remarkably selfish. The other option wasn't any good either. How did we get away from creating shots for Parker and Miller? That to me is why we lost as much as the PG play. Anyhow you lose at Wisconsin and it doesn't really matter what the ebbs and flows are, you lose. Wish we could just get to the next conference game and move on from this.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Cliche said:

What I don’t get is that Woodson showed last game he was perfectly willing to bench starters if they weren’t performing, but left X out there when he was clearly out of control. 

It would be nice if we were seeing anything out of the guys behind him.  Wish we were.

A win could have energized the fanbase, seeing something we haven't seen in almost a quarter-century, and given us hope for the rest of the season. 

Instead we get this. 3 of our next 4 games are against crap teams at home. Nothing we do before January is going to excite anyone. 

The coaches change, but the results don't. We have a losing culture and I'm not sure it can be fixed. 

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

Xavier Johnson is two different players.  When he's good he's very very good.  But when he's bad he's awful

Exactly.  And PG is the position you need consistent and reliable play.

2 minutes ago, Trish said:

I wanted him to stay because I didn’t trust any candidates besides Brad Stevens or Dane Fife. 

We make a bad hire and we set this program further down. We’ll see where Woodson takes us but this was unacceptable from Woodson and company tonight. 

Another year of Archie would have been insufferable and most of the players we have wouldn’t have stayed on the team. We had zero momentum with Archie, ZERO, who led us to yet another 9th place finish in his 4th season.  Another year of Archie would have been a DISASTER..

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

HORRIBLE take.

Could be. But when you invest in a coach that isn’t the right fit it could cost you financially and longevity. 

Did we not learn from Archie Miller? We’re paying him to make podcasts and sit on his beach house. 

If we strike out on Woodson, the IU fan base might finally call it quits.