Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Indiana at Wisconsin Game Thread

Next game is at Wisconsin on Wednesday (12/8) at 7p.m. on BTN

Is this the year? IU hasn't won in Madison since 1998, before our assistant coach, Dane Fife, ever suited up for the Hoosiers. 

Xavier Johnson might foul out in less than 5 minutes.

TJD has to dominate, Parker should keep shooting, and Tamar needs overcome the freshman road woes. Let's Go IU!

5 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Next game is at Wisconsin on Wednesday (12/8) at 7p.m. on BTN

Is this the year? IU hasn't won in Madison since 1998, before our assistant coach, Dane Fife, ever suited up for the Hoosiers. 

Xavier Johnson might foul out in less than 5 minutes.

TJD has to dominate, Parker should keep shooting, and Tamar needs overcome the freshman road woes. Let's Go IU!

IU has beaten Wisconsin many times in Madison in the last 19 years.....they've just never won.  I know that opponents think IU gets favorable calls at home, but the calls in Madison are beyond ridiculous.

In 2012 Wisconsin had nobody that could guard Zeller so they just hacked him repeatedly and fouls were never called....meanwhile any touch that Cody did was a foul and he was limited to 19 minutes.

It really is mindboggling and just plain hard to comprehend why or how the refs basically suit up for  Wisconsin in their house. 

I have never seen any other team/venue where it's that bad. Why is it? How does this continue year after year after year? It really is pathetic.

I don't care where I finish in the prediction league -- I just can't bring myself to give any vote to the cheeseheads. I will predict in blind optimism. I will hope the refs each fall down and sprain their ankles. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

So Guard Johnny Davis leads Wisc in points, rebounds (!), assists and steals. Averages 20.1 ppg. 40% from the arc. Shut. Him. Down.

He didn't play in their one loss ag Providence. 

I'm scared Xavier will have 3 fouls before the first TV timeout guarding him. 

Oh wait, Hepburn is the 1 and Davison is the two. 

• That would put Miller on Davis, with X on Hepburn and Parker on Davison. That's a tough matchup for Kopp, but I strongly suspect Woody tries it to start the game.
  • I'd expect an early appearance by Scoop, who at the three would then get Davis. Too bad -- Galloway is a perfect fit off the bench to mark Davis. 
  • The upside to this less-than-optimum matchup? It puts Race at the four against Wahl. Wahl is an undersized four who cannot shoot from outside, which gives Race the ability to protect the rim while guarding Wahl.
  • Crowl with Trayce means that TJD has to guard the perimeter - Crowl will take and can hit an unguarded three. 
  1. Hepburn/X,
  2. Davison/Parker,
  3. JDavis/Kopp,
  4. Wahl/Race,
  5. Crowl/TJD

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh wait, Hepburn is the 1 and Davison is the two. 

• That would put Miller on Davis, with X on Hepburn and Parker on Davison. That's a tough matchup for Kopp, but I strongly suspect Woody tries it to start the game.
  • I'd expect an early appearance by Scoop, who at the three would then get Davis. Too bad -- Galloway is a perfect fit off the bench to mark Davis. 
  • The upside to this less-than-optimum matchup? It puts Race at the four against Wahl. Wahl is an undersized four who cannot shoot from outside, which gives Race the ability to protect the rim while guarding Wahl.
  • Crowl with Trayce means that TJD has to guard the perimeter - Crowl will take and can hit an unguarded three. 
  1. Hepburn/X,
  2. Davison/Parker,
  3. JDavis/Kopp,
  4. Wahl/Race,
  5. Crowl/TJD

I'm afraid Davis would eat Kopp up.But we'll see

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm afraid Davis would eat Kopp up.But we'll see

I would expect us to switch screens 1 through 5. Seems like Trayce and Race may be able to handle Davison and Davis off the bounce, which allows us to pressure shooters and dare them to drive off of switches. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

****, X won’t be the only one in foul trouble.

There is something to this, but it has been a long time since IU had an intangible presence on the sideline to influence the refs, to counterbalance crowd induced calls.  Woody strikes me as somebody who can do that...at least I hope.

38 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I would expect us to switch screens 1 through 5. Seems like Trayce and Race may be able to handle Davison and Davis off the bounce, which allows us to pressure shooters and dare them to drive off of switches. 

Can't remember if we switched 1 through 5, but we started switching heavily at least on the perimeter in the 2nd half against Nebraska and they didn't have an answer for it.

This game will probably suck, so I thought I'd pour some gasoline on the fire:

We're 2-8 against Wisconsin since Greg Gard took over. Our fans were dancing in the streets when Bo Ryan stepped down, convinced Wisconsin was headed back to the abyss and we'd start dominating them every year. 

We haven't won more than 2 in a row against the Badgers since RMK was here. The last time we won consecutive games against them was the final year of Mike Davis and the first year of Kelvin Sampson. 

There are college graduates who weren't alive the last time we won in Madison. 

I think Rutgers and maybe Nebraska are the only other Big Ten teams who have yet to win a game in the Call Center. 

I refuse to watch whenever we play up there ever since Cody Zeller couldn't come up with a rebound in the final minute because two Wisconsin players were wrestling him to the floor without a whistle. Yogi did his best a few years later, but his Superman's cape wasn't enough to keep the officials from giving Wisconsin four free throws in the last minute to tie it up. 

I hate that we're playing this game now. I wanted to get ranked sometime soon to take some of the shine away from Purdue's first #1 ranking, but now we'll probably have to wait another month and hope we don't drop any others.