Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Michael Penix is Very Good At Washington

19 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

Also, is DeBoer going to be at UW for more than a season?

If Nebraska is smart (they are NOT, mind you) they go after the hometown-ish kid. Washington isn’t a bad football brand at all though, so it would have to be what he considers a good fit because he can win some meaningful football games there. Probably depends on what shakes out with re-alignment the next 8-12 months too. 

On 9/19/2022 at 11:20 AM, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Washington is going to try and keep him, but if they end up going to the Rose Bowl, expect another program to pull out the armored truck for him.

And we probably should have went with DeBoer... Though Fresno State and Washington probably have more talent than we do relative to their competition. Especially Washington. 

On 9/18/2022 at 9:54 PM, HoosierX said:

Also, is DeBoer going to be at UW for more than a season?

I think he'll stick around. In my opinion, UW's program isn't a stepping stone for coaches. It's a place where they want national titles. Keep in mind, they had a chance in 2016 and already has 2 in the trophy case. They fired Jimmy Lake after 2 seasons where he went 3-1 in 2020 and 4-8 in 21. That tells me they're not messing around. However, now that the Pac-12 is pretty much toast he might end up looking for another opportunity. I also wonder if he's going to end being a Brian Kelly where he just jumps from one program to another. Who knows. But as of right now, I don't think he's going anywhere.

Such a great coach that I wished IUFB would have kept but that would have required a situation like the Wilson-Allen outcome. No way that was going to happen.  

11 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I think he'll stick around. In my opinion, UW's program isn't a stepping stone for coaches. It's a place where they want national titles. Keep in mind, they had a chance in 2016 and already has 2 in the trophy case. They fired Jimmy Lake after 2 seasons where he went 3-1 in 2020 and 4-8 in 21. That tells me they're not messing around. However, now that the Pac-12 is pretty much toast he might end up looking for another opportunity. I also wonder if he's going to end being a Brian Kelly where he just jumps from one program to another. Who knows. But as of right now, I don't think he's going anywhere.

Such a great coach that I wished IUFB would have kept but that would have required a situation like the Wilson-Allen outcome. No way that was going to happen.  

I imagine Washington will be in the Big Ten sooner than later. There’s no reason for him to leave any time soon. 

Just now, Magnanimous said:

I imagine Washington will be in the Big Ten sooner than later. There’s no reason for him to leave any time soon. 

You ain't lyin! They'll end up somewhere that's for sure. This landscape is crazy right now. 

6 minutes ago, iubb said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penix finished the game, but they lost 45-38. Bad loss for my favorite college football team. 

22 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Penix having another good day....20 of 25 for 252 and 2 TDs at half, Washingtop up 21-14 at Arizona.

Unfortunately, I doubt if he had stayed at IU he would be doing anything like that.

At IU he would've been knocked out for the remainder of the season a few games ago.