Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Michael Penix is Very Good At Washington

52 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It seems 2 of his injuries occurred without contact??  Fleeing the pocket?  Kid is certainly talented.  It's easy to root for him to be his best.  

His injury during the Covid year happened when we ran a designed run for him which worked beautifully because we almost never had him run (due to injury issues). He easily picked up the first down and was going to try for the end zone, but then he saw that there were two defenders that were likely going to stop him from getting there and he pivoted to go out of bounds. As he was running out of bounds he hurt himself...so unfortunate as he was trying to avoid contact.

I think he can stay healthy if he nevers runs the ball. But in the end, that's going to limit Washington a bit offensively.

I remember NFL All-Pro running back "Fragile Freddy Taylor" who got that nickname after missing a good part of his first four NFL seasons. Fred Taylor went on to a 10,000 yard+ rushing career and was indestructible in the second half of his career.

Past injuries do not always equate to future injuries. If injuries have a lasting effect (like Mo Creek) that's a big roblem. But if Penix is fully recovered he may be just fine, and he's a heckuva good college QB.

56 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Penix is tearing it up! Amazing what a half way decent offensive line can do for a stud QB. I know Penix couldn’t stay healthy with us, but I think our o-line had a LOT to do with that!

I think it had just as much to do with the offensive coordinator. Maybe more so. 

Watching Penix tonight, I realize that it is just the IU football curse that caused all of his problems here. Now that he is free of that, I hope he has a great year and shows how talented he really is.

Michael Penix Jr. is great when healthy!  I hope him the best at UW!  Why should we wish otherwise of a former Hoosier?  He won us some games we should've never even been in!  IU football is always going to be in the dumpster, every once in awhile we will get a bowl birth, which, we should we be in jubilation about!  

1 hour ago, Ryno6284 said:

Michael Penix Jr. is great when healthy!  I hope him the best at UW!  Why should we wish otherwise of a former Hoosier?  He won us some games we should've never even been in!  IU football is always going to be in the dumpster, every once in awhile we will get a bowl birth, which, we should we be in jubilation about!  

The thing about IU football is that as miserable as we usually are, once in a while we get an exceptional talent and they burn brightly and give us joy. If you have followed IU football long enough, you know who they are. Doesn't mean that we win many games, but they sure are fun to watch. Thanks for the memories, Michael Penix, Jr.

26 minutes ago, cthomas said:

The thing about IU football is that as miserable as we usually are, once in a while we get an exceptional talent and they burn brightly and give us joy. If you have followed IU football long enough, you know who they are. Doesn't mean that we win many games, but they sure are fun to watch. Thanks for the memories, Michael Penix, Jr.

So true. It’s pretty rare to get them back-to-back, but Dasan McCullough is next up. I sure hope he sticks around.