Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

On 1/4/2023 at 9:01 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Wilson returned to action after missing several games with a wrist injury as Holy Innocents defeated Stone Mountain 69-38.  Wilson a double-double with 23 points and 14 rebounds. He also had two assists and two blocked shots.

Watching his game from last night and I don’t know how tall he is now, but he’s not 6’8” anymore. Looks a lot more like 6’10” or 6’11”. And he’s still all arms and legs, but that is one talented kid. 

Good grief.  What is this world coming to.  Last night's Holy Innocent's vs. Southwest DeKalb was officiated by 3 women.  3 women!  And none of them were barefoot or appeared to be pregnant.

IMO they were a better crew than some of the other HS games I've watched this winter with 3 men.  At the very least they were consistent with their calls throughout the game.

Holy Innocent's (14-10)  lost 55-50 to SW DeKalb (22-2) and Wilson was a non-factor.  He picked  up his second foul 90 seconds into the 2nd Q and 30 sec. later foul #3 trying to block a shot.  2 and a half minutes into the 3rd Q he picked up #4.  He rebounded the missed free throw and raced down the court and steamrolled a defender for foul #5.  Honestly, it almost seemed like he knew he'd get #5 and didn't care.  May be a completely unfair characterization but that was my impression.  

Holy Innocent's rolled past Westminster 62-52 in the region quarterfinals played at Miller Grove, to not only advance to the semi's, but also solidify a bid in the upcoming 4A state tournament.   Caleb Wilson scored 14 points, grabbed 15 boards, to go with five assists, two steals, and two blocked shots.

For the 21-22 season, Holy Innocent's regularly reported Caleb's stats to MaxPreps.  This season it was hit and miss plus he missed a number of games due to a hand injury.

22-23 - 12 games:  14.8p; 11.9r; 3.8a; 1.0s; 5.3b; 3.0t                           49% FG / 18% on 3s / 58% FT

21-22 - 20 games:  16.2p; 7.3r; 3.3a; 1.1s; 3.5b; 3.0t                             51% FG / 28% on 3s / 72% FT

Stellar Hoops - 
Class of 2025 6’10 (Georgia Stars EYBL) Caleb Wilson is an immaculate talent. Caleb blocks shots, makes huge plays above the rim, perimeter threat, stellar timing defensively, rebounds, runs the floor with excellent awareness, skilled & highly versatile.
Nice, I didn't think he was 6'10 and he has grown 2 inches. Well maybe. Hope we continue to recruit.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, sweetpain said:

Nice, I didn't think he was 6'10 and he has grown 2 inches. Well maybe. Hope we continue to recruit.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Hell of a talent. Prediction: Wilson’s going to go to either a camp or an EYBL event this spring with the mindset to just kill everybody. He’s gonna look like Kevin Garnett minus the sheer insane competitiveness, will give some kid like Boozer all he wants, and everyone will jump in at that point. So, hopefully, being in early helps.