Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stock Risers discussing bigs from the Atlanta-Metro area.

Caleb Wilson | 6-7 | 2025 | Holy Innocents’

Call him a guard, call him a forward, he does it all for the Golden Bears in spots. He really works to get position on the block and can play most of the day backing you down, or use his great handle and array of moves to be a monster wing threat already as just a freshman. Should he grow more, his frontcourt prospects get even more devastating.

From an On The Radar event yesterday

Caleb Wilson – AE5 Rimrockers Basketball – 2025

Wilson is the lone freshman to make the list after this event. He earned it. The 6-8 forward has a wealth of skill and physical tools. Wilson can handle the ball facing the basket and he can lead the break with confidence. He displayed unique vision as a passer in the open floor. He even showed a confident pull-up jumper off the right-hand bounce, which is a sign of things to come. Although he is mastering many of these perimeter skills, he still shows the willingness to mix it up on the interior as a shot blocker and rebounder. This type of versatility will be key for him as he begins his ascension in years to come.

Travis Branham update on Wilson.

Indiana: "I like Indiana because that's where basketball was created, the prairie, the grasslands. It's beautiful to have that opportunity available to me at such a young age."

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Caleb-Wilson-is-a-high-major-prospect-to-know-in-2025-out-of-Georgia-187247456/

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Travis Branham update on Wilson.

Indiana: "I like Indiana because that's where basketball was created, the prairie, the grasslands. It's beautiful to have that opportunity available to me at such a young age."

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Caleb-Wilson-is-a-high-major-prospect-to-know-in-2025-out-of-Georgia-187247456/

Well, he's a young guy and I like that's his perception, but I don't think basketball was created in Indiana. I believe Springfield, MA. gets that honor. Hopefully, the truth doesn't cause him to lose his enthusiasm.

On 5/7/2022 at 6:07 PM, cthomas said:

Well, he's a young guy and I like that's his perception, but I don't think basketball was created in Indiana. I believe Springfield, MA. gets that honor. Hopefully, the truth doesn't cause him to lose his enthusiasm.

Right, and "the prairie, the grasslands"? That's not Indiana, especially Bloomington. It's flat and boring around Purdue but I've never heard that area referred to that way. It's not Kansas.

11 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Right, and "the prairie, the grasslands"? That's not Indiana, especially Bloomington. It's flat and boring around Purdue but I've never heard that area referred to that way. It's not Kansas.

I'm pretty sure he mixed Indiana and Kansas together and thought he had it right. Hopefully, going forward he will learn to do a little research for things he's no sure of. Don't hold it against him (I wouldn't want to be held accountable for my youth), he learn and grow.

40 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I'm pretty sure he mixed Indiana and Kansas together and thought he had it right. Hopefully, going forward he will learn to do a little research for things he's no sure of. Don't hold it against him (I wouldn't want to be held accountable for my youth), he learn and grow.

I don't hold it against him. He probably thinks all of the Midwest is like Kansas.

On 5/9/2022 at 9:44 AM, go iu bb said:

19 hours ago, go iu bb said:

I don't hold it against him. He probably thinks all of the Midwest is like Kansas.

And none of this is important.  I'm perfectly happy if when he says basketball that he thinks Indiana.  To me...that's a plus!  :D

6 minutes ago, rayl456 said:

And none of this is important.  I'm perfectly happy if when he says basketball that he thinks Indiana.  To me...that's a plus!  :D

And nowhere did I claim it was important. It's a message board. We talk about stuff, even unimportant stuff. /shrug

8 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

And nowhere did I claim it was important. It's a message board. We talk about stuff, even unimportant stuff. /shrug

And that's exactly what rayl456 was doing!

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

I included my best attempt at a smile, so you wouldn't take it the wrong way.  It's all good.  He likes Indiana and that's what counts.   :D