Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Caleb Wilson @CalebWilson2025:   Blessed to receive my second d1 offer from Indiana University.

Lists himself as 6'8" attending Holy Innocents Episcopal School in Atlanta with a 3.9 GPA.    He's played in 2 games this season and averaging 16.5 ppg and 11.5 rpg.  Didn't find anything on Hudl for him and nothing yet on either 247 or Rivals.  

MaxPreps

Comment from last May following Atlanta Hoopfest from Tony Bruton of NGSHoops.com:  I had to stop by and watch the CP Rimrockers again when I noticed a player I didn’t see in their previous game. Immediately, the size of Caleb stood out even in warm-ups and there was a confidence about him that was intriguing. Immediately from the tip, it became clear that Wilson wasn’t a typical big. He showed off outstanding court vision and a high basketball IQ on both ends of the floor with his ability to talk and make reads. He finished with a triple double in the first matchup that I viewed him while grabbing well over 15 rebounds. To make this even more impressive, he did this while his team was playing up an age group. At the moment, he dominates games purely based on skill and basketball IQ. Once his body and athleticism catches up to his skill, he could be a hot commodity among recruiting circles in high school.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Caleb Wilson @CalebWilson2025:   Blessed to receive my second d1 offer from Indiana University.

Lists himself as 6'8" attending Holy Innocents Episcopal School in Atlanta with a 3.9 GPA.    He's played in 2 games this season and averaging 16.5 ppg and 11.5 rpg.  Didn't find anything on Hudl for him and nothing yet on either 247 or Rivals.  

MaxPreps

Comment from last May following Atlanta Hoopfest from Tony Bruton of NGSHoops.com:  I had to stop by and watch the CP Rimrockers again when I noticed a player I didn’t see in their previous game. Immediately, the size of Caleb stood out even in warm-ups and there was a confidence about him that was intriguing. Immediately from the tip, it became clear that Wilson wasn’t a typical big. He showed off outstanding court vision and a high basketball IQ on both ends of the floor with his ability to talk and make reads. He finished with a triple double in the first matchup that I viewed him while grabbing well over 15 rebounds. To make this even more impressive, he did this while his team was playing up an age group. At the moment, he dominates games purely based on skill and basketball IQ. Once his body and athleticism catches up to his skill, he could be a hot commodity among recruiting circles in high school.

Nice to get in early on a kid like this...plus the Ya connections...hope it pans out for him as a player and his recruitment for IU

Trent Markwith --  2025 F Caleb Wilson recorded a near triple-double in Holy Innocents’ win tonight. Really impressed with his passing ability at 6’8” and how he impacts the game outside of scoring. Although he’s thin, he isn’t soft and protects the basket with aggression. Recent Indiana offer.

Comments from On The Radar Hoops following the Hawks-Naismith Holiday Classic played last weekend and tie back to the above post and his near triple double. 

Also my first extended look at Wilson and the superlatives are many for a player this young, what immediately jumps out is his unselfishness and willingness to make the pass over forcing a bad or contested shot, his head is constantly on a swivel looking for the right play and while he’s likely still growing and surely will fill out a wiry frame it’s still a lot to handle even for a freshman, when he does go on the offensive the foot speed and lateral movement are still on the come but the creativity and ability to use his height and length near the basket make him tough to stop in close, had 11 rebounds and 5 blocks against Mt Pisgah and those are areas where his natural gifts allow him to clearly already excel, every bit the top 5 player in the class he was advertised to be.

Holy Innocents (6-7) beaten by Greater Atlanta Christian (13-3) 69-57.   Wilson had 32 pts on 14-23 FG; 2-4 on 3s; 2-2 FT; 7 reb; 2 asst; 1 stl; 0 blk; 3 TO.  Almost all of his baskets were jump shots with several of the turnaround step back variety.  He rarely attacked the basket off the dribble.  IMO he played passive defense and really didn't challenge shots at the rim.  He's listed as 6'7" and 190 lbs and looked skinny against the opposing team.

His MaxPreps stats have not been updated since the end of December.  At that time through 8 games he was averaging 16.1 ppg; 10.4 rpg; 3.9 apg.  

Holy Innocents (8-8) beaten by Providence Christian (14-6) 55-47.    Not a good night for Wilson as he forced some shots and had a couple blocked at the rim because he just didn't go up with any authority.  Finished with 16 pts. on 5-17 FG; 2-4 on 3s; 4-9 FT; 4 reb; 4 asst; 0 stl; 2 blk; 3 TO.  

Galloway just kicked the snot out of Holy Innocents 78-41 hitting 18-31 3-pointers.  Wilson is clearly the best player on Holy Innocents and finished with 20p  3r  1a  0s  3b  3t.  He showed visible frustration several times when teammates failed to get him the ball when he was wide open.

Interesting to watch so many high school games coming from different parts of  the  country.  For example, at the Galloway gym, people strolled from one side of the court to the other between quarters and little kids went on the court and shot baskets.  I've noticed during the games involving Mt. St. Joseph (Bryson Tucker) how far on to the court the coaches stray while the games in progress.  The other night, one of the coaches actually walked in front of an official while the game was underway.