Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

Nebraska at Indiana Game Thread - Noon on BTN

3 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I’m confused as to what some expect out of this team. It was always going to be a team fighting for a tourney birth. If you don’t accept some moral victories you’ll be awfully disappointed. 

I expected the team to be better. We added guards and pieces that were missing. We still turn the ball over 25 times a game and look like an upward 5th grade offense. We aren’t good. Being good will bring me joy. I’ve been enjoying moral victories for a ******* decade now. I’m over it. 

I really like Rob but he has become the closest player to Newkirk. Absolutely no threat at all offensively. He is a huge hole on that side of the ball. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nebrasketball stops guarding him when he has the ball.

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

I really like Rob but he has become the closest player to Newkirk. Absolutely no threat at all offensively. He is a huge hole on that side of the ball. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nebrasketball stops guarding him when he has the ball.

Honestly, Newkirk was a better offensive player.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Are we just having a bad game? I hope so. Because conference play is going to be ugly otherwise. 

Not a lot of focus or energy. They look like they are in a practice scrimmage rather than in a real game. Just going through the motions. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

I expected the team to be better. We added guards and pieces that were missing. We still turn the ball over 25 times a game and look like an upward 5th grade offense. We aren’t good. Being good will bring me joy. I’ve been enjoying moral victories for a ******* decade now. I’m over it. 

Offense has been fine outside of turnovers and effort issues we continually have. Execution isn’t bad.  In our “moral” victory we scored 100 points.  

I can’t do much about outsized expectations. We were a bad team that added a few midmajor and lesser high major role players. Most of these lineups are new and have never played together before. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Are we just having a bad game? I hope so. Because conference play is going to be ugly otherwise. 

I would say good teams don’t have the length of bad periods of play that we go through.  The bad is that we tend to follow a good run with a bad one.  The good is that we tend to follow a bad run with a good.  16-6 Nebraska to start, followed by 20-4 IU run.  The danger is if we follow it up with a bad start to the start to the second half

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Honestly, Newkirk was a better offensive player.

Just the only player I could think of recently that I can remember screaming at because he couldn’t hit the wide side of a barn from 2 ft away and other teams quit guarding! But you are probably right!

3 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Nebraska 1-10 from 3. If they heat up we could be in trouble if don't stop turning the ball over and find a way to get TJD going

Going to have to spread the floor and force Nebrasketball to stop doubling TJD for him to get going. 

10 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Trends continue from the start of the season or I guess we could just say we’ve had 7 bad games and there are no trends?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We’ve had a few good games, but it’s hard to know what you can take away from games against teams that are that bad. The Eastern Michigan game was concerning. The Marshall game was concerning. The St. John’s game had some concerning aspects. The Syracuse game obviously. And now this one. Idk. I want to believe, but there have been some warning signs early on. We still have scoring droughts. We turn the ball over a ton. We still come out with low energy. Ugh. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We’ve had a few good games, but it’s hard to tell what you can take away from games against teams that are that bad. The Eastern Michigan game was concerning. The Marshall game was concerning. The St. John’s game had some concerning aspects. The Syracuse game obviously. And now this one. Idk. I want to believe, but there have been some warning signs early on. We still have scoring droughts. We turn the ball over a ton. We still come out with low energy. Ugh. 

Seems to be that we still have some dudes used to the old ways and used to losing(like Johnson and Kopp).