Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

Nebraska at Indiana Game Thread - Noon on BTN

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

Phinisee is just so slow to act with nearly everything. The only thing he's providing is decent defense and I'm not sure that becomes a net gain with how bad he can be on offense

People talk about Lander’s turnovers but we’ve committed 10 in 15 minutes and he hasn’t played at all. Turning it over is just what this team does. 

6 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

After the Cuse game I realized that us IU fans are back to bragging about moral victories to mask the obvious signs that we aren’t that good. We are a delusional and desperate bunch. Yes I include myself in this. We have a LONG WAY to go as a program.  

I’m confused as to what some expect out of this team. It was always going to be a team fighting for a tourney birth. If you don’t accept some moral victories you’ll be awfully disappointed. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

GREAT, not good substitution by Woody going to 11th man Leal.

Anthony came into a 16-6 Nebraska lead. 17-4 IU run since he’s been in. Most of it without Trayce and Race.

And a good chunk of it directly tied to his play. People are going to clamor for him to start or be 6th man, but I think this is a perfect role that you can use almost every night when someone starts getting lazy. At least at this point in his career. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

People talk about Lander’s turnovers but we’ve committed 10 in 15 minutes and he hasn’t played at all. Turning it over is just what this team does. 

I'm not sure if this was intended to be a response to me, but Phinisee has 0 of those 10. I was just commenting on how slow he is with the ball. Was slow to swing it around the key then followed it up with dribbling out the shot clock and forced that contested shot that was an airball (which could be credited as a turnover, imo).

Just now, Dave from Dayton said:

Needed Tamar and Leal in to hit some.  Now that opens up for inside game.  A few stops...Race steals!  Glad Nebraska waited for IU.  Very gentlemanly of them.

Bates and leal are moving the ball around and simply getting better shots than the starters did. 

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

I’m confused as to what some expect out of this team. It was always going to be a team fighting for a tourney birth. If you don’t accept some moral victories you’ll be awfully disappointed. 

Moral victories get old when you’re in a 5 year tournament drought. I want actual victories.