Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

Nebraska at Indiana Game Thread - Noon on BTN

Well Nebraska may be more tired than IU Saturday. Playing one day later and now they are going Triple OT with NC State. IU's double OT not looking so long now:). This game also was stopped for a fight late in the second half. 

21 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Nebraska going to a third overtime at NC State.

Then, a long-ish flight home tomorrow morning.

Then, a flight to Bloomington Friday night.

I hope they play 12 overtimes.

I’m 33% there towards my hope of 12 overtimes.

Well Nebraska may be more tired than IU Saturday. Playing one day later and now they are going Triple OT with NC State. IU's double OT not looking so long now:). This game also was stopped for a fight late in the second half. 
Half their starters didn't play hardly any ot

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Half their starters didn't play hardly any ot

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That's WAY out of context.

• Mayen was kicked out of the game. He'll be rested; unless he gets suspended. He nearly started a brawl, and it appeared to be entirely on his own volition.
  • Keon Edwards starts, but he is averaging 8 minutes and 0.5 ppg. Yes, he'll be a rested starter, but he is not a kid that ever plays much.

The other three starters? 

• Walker (who will guarding Trayce) played 49 minutes
  • Verge played 54 minutes
  • B McGowan is a freshman that played 58 minutes

Also important to note: Nebraska finished a Wednesday road game at almost midnight. They then got up Thursday morning for a 3-4 hour flight back to Lincoln, NE. About a day later they have another flight/road trip to Bloomington into a hostile crowd at noon the day after they arrive. Our guys have been sleeping in their own beds and practicing at Cook/Assembly since Wednesday. That matters in the second half when teams get tired and may have adversity.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

That's WAY out of context.

• Mayen was kicked out of the game. He'll be rested; unless he gets suspended. He nearly started a brawl, and it appeared to be entirely on his own volition.
  • Keion Edwards starts, but he is averaging 8 minutes and 0.5 ppg. Yes, he'll be a rested starter, but he is not a kid that ever plays much.

The other three starters? 

• Walker (who will guarding Trayce) played 49 minutes
  • Verge played 54 minutes
  • B McGowan is a freshman that played 58 minutes

Also important to note: Nebraska finished a Wednesday road game at almost midnight. They then got up Thursday morning for a 3-4 hour flight back to Lincoln, NE. About a day later they have another flight/road trip to Bloomington into a hostile crowd the day after they arrive. Our guys have been sleeping in their own beds and practicing at Cook/Assembly since Wednesday. That matters in the second half when teams get tired and may have adversity.

They likely flew back last night, which might be worse.

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

They likely flew back last night, which might be worse.

You think they'd get on a 1:00 am flight and get to their beds at about 5:00 am? That would definitely be worse.

Not much/no time to watch film of IU, and probably no practices before their Friday and pre-game walk-throughs.

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You think they'd get on a 1:00 am flight and get to their beds at about 5:00 am? That would definitely be worse.

Not much/no time to watch film of IU, and probably no practices before their Friday and pre-game walk-throughs.

And then went to classes this morning (most likely...maybe......depends how Fred is with academics...........ok probably not). But yeah, teams don't really stick around after a game. That game was supposed to end around 8:00 Lincoln time which gets you home around midnight or 1:00, but those charters aren't flexible.

IU should win this game. Big ten opener at noon on a saturday against a lesser opponent. Should be no question about it.

However, this is IU and this game will probably be maddening. 

Go Hoosiers!

1.  Keon Edwards ought to wear a ski mask.  He's stealing a starting spot and playing 5 to 10 minutes each game.

2.  I don't know if Mayen will be suspended, but he certainly should be.  What he did was completely ridiculous and unprovoked as well.  It shouldn't even come down to the Big Ten suspending him....Hoiberg sitting him should make that null and void.  But I don't think Hoiberg is much on that.

edit:  Hoiberg did suspend and remove two starters at the end of last year, so there is that.

They’ll clean up the turnovers, a lot of season left. Woody should apply some contact cement to their hands and throw the ball to them at a distance. Only problem would be passing it back, but hey maybe a ball stuck to their hands would do them some good. 

This game is monumental huge must win. I will stay out of this thread cause like most game thread posters I offer no posting value. I do however hope were more organized in first half and play solid throughout and most importantly win!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wait, we’re hoping Nebrasketball is worn down by a previous game in hopes for a win?!

My, how we have fallen..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Lol, I know they are just having a bit of fun, but that’s what I was thinking. We really have. There’s no debating it. Hold on tight this season. Need to win big while we have TJD. Not ideal timing for Purdue to possibly have its best team ever. The basketball is fun to watch again at least, so baby steps.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

11 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Wait, we’re hoping Nebrasketball is worn down by a previous game in hopes for a win?!

My, how we have fallen..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Interesting point (for real). A few possible elements to the discussion:

1. I think there's some collective PTSD with all of us. 
  2. It's a message board where we hyper-analyze every aspect of things that might affect the next opponent.
  3. If there were message boards in 1992 would they have been analyzing how Calbert Cheaney could take advantage of a tired, bottom tier opponent? Probably so, to a certain extent.
  4. When your team hasn't made the tourney in three straight years (and a fourth year when we would have ... it was cancelled) there's a fundamental panic that things could turn to crap at any moment and that every win is huge, even the ones where we are strongly favored going into the game.

4 minutes ago, Trish said:

We lose this and my fear of the remaining B1G schedule scares me. 

Reminds me of the line from "Dodgeball", 'Nobody makes me bleed my own blood'. But I feel the same way.

The simple fact, in my humble opinion, is that we, as fans, don't know what to expect from this team just yet.  We have a new head coach, some new assistants, a number of new players who are now getting experience playing with our old players.  There's just a great deal of uncertainty right now.  Can't get too high or too low this season.