Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Syracuse - 11/30/21 @ 7:00 on ESPN2

3 hours ago, coonhounds said:

Any of you stat hounds know where last night's disaster ranks as total points for both teams in iu basketball history. Has to be high on the list if they keep that stat anywhere

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Couldn't find a list of combined score. The only one in recent history that nears last night was that IU/Penn St game in Crean's last year that went 4 hours. 

I think that was the triple overtime game where Newkirk came up big.   
Yes. That score matches last night at 110. Both crazy games. Credit to poster above for remembering that high scoring game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

On 12/1/2021 at 3:48 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I could definitely talk to my kids but I'd probably just get some gibberish back from my son or just tackled and my daughter would say "no" or "go away." So I unfortunately have to listen to them for the most part. 

I might get some gibberish form my son, but he's 27 and pretty knowledgeable about basketball. And yes, that means I'm old.

23 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

I might get some gibberish form my son, but he's 27 and pretty knowledgeable about basketball. And yes, that means I'm old.

My oldest daughter will be 50 next year, so you're still doing ok. The two of us went to  Bloomington in 1992 about this time of year to see Calbert, Damon, and the boys. Great times.

I haven’t commented on this game at all, wanted to do so after emotions leveled out.

it was nice to see fire from TJD, he’s always been good but sometimes lacked that killer instinct.

it was also nice to see Kopp step up and be the player we hoped he would be.

it was nice to see Stewart pull the trigger everytime he was open, no reason not to.

that’s about where the positives end for me. Defense was horrendous. Albeit the first half was what burried us, we still never found a solution to the boeheims and what they do best. It was like watching the same play over and over and over - very frustrating.

I’m very high on this team, several things to be happy about but our calling card… defense, was atrocious