Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Syracuse - 11/30/21 @ 7:00 on ESPN2

2 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

The most incredible stat of the night to me is that Jim Boehiem still has kids in college.  The guy has to be in his upper 70s.

He's 77. 

Divorced his first wife and remarried someone significantly younger -- hence the younger boys. 

1 minute ago, hoopsta007 said:

The most incredible stat of the night to me is that Jim Boehiem still has kids in college.  The guy has to be in his upper 70s.

He is 77.

His second wife is 55 (ie she was roughly in her early 30’s when the kids were born)

TO's @ an unbelievably bad rate, but we destroyed them on the glass, so we really should have won this game in the end. We had our chances, over and over again.

I hope our young guys who got to play significant  points in the game b/c of foul trouble/injuries are able to learn BIG TIME how to win. The rest of the way out it's gong to be balls out/helter skelter like tonight until our young talented players of the future can add a lot more to the effort than they take away from the common goal.

1 hour ago, DChoosier said:

Yes,

For all of the bitching about the refs (much of which I agree with) the foul that gave Kopp his 3 free throws was ticky tacky. Also, when TJD got the offensive board, off KL’s intentional miss,  he blatantly pushed off to get the board and then I don’t think he was fouled on the shot.

In any case,  you just can’t turn the ball over that much. Cuse had over 30 points off TO’s. Just a crazy number.

The foul that gave swider his 3 free throws was ticky tacky as well, and the foul that fouled out X was on the Syracuse player.

2 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

In terms of him 'fouling' at the end......absolutely no way he did.  I was pissed when I thought they called TJD for a foul, but if the call was actually on Lander, that's pathetic.  A foul call on TJD there would have been bad.  On Lander?  That's fabricated.

ESPN just showed the replay on SVP show.  Lander clearly fouled him (pulled his arm down) and it was much more obvious than I expected.

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

ESPN just showed the replay on SVP show.  Lander clearly fouled him (pulled his arm down) and it was much more obvious than I expected.

Will try to go back and view it.  For some reason espn seemed to think that replay shouldn’t be shown to their viewers during the game.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Will try to go back and view it.  For some reason espn seemed to think that replay shouldn’t be shown to their viewers during the game.

It was very frustrating that they did not show replays.

Like you, when watching it live, I did not think KL fouled him but the camera angle shown on the SVP show clearly showed it was a foul.  It wasn’t even questionable (again, to my surprise). 

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

Purdue is so clearly the best team in the Big Ten.  And right now there bench unit of Trevion Williams, Mason Gillis, Brandon Newman, Eric Hunter, and Ethan Morton is better than a few starting Big Ten units.

Doesn’t matter.  Purdue sucks.  

Feel pretty good about the team at this point. Free throws up, 3 point shooting up in another realm after the last 4 years. What a refreshing few games on that front. We have some bench skill. Man if TJD stayed another year with this squad.. 

Geronimo seems to still be struggling with a higher pace atmosphere. He may need another year to really settle in. Might just be in a funk. We will see as the competition ramps up. 

2 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

Feel pretty good about the team at this point. Free throws up, 3 point shooting up in another realm after the last 4 years. What a refreshing few games on that front. We have some bench skill. Man if TJD stayed another year with this squad.. 

Geronimo seems to still be struggling with a higher pace atmosphere. He may need another year to really settle in. Might just be in a funk. We will see as the competition ramps up. 

TJD is starting to show up as a first rounder on draft boards. I’d say it’s a 99.8% chance he will be adios after this season. 

2 hours ago, DChoosier said:

It was very frustrating that they did not show replays.

Like you, when watching it live, I did not think KL fouled him but the camera angle shown on the SVP show clearly showed it was a foul.  It wasn’t even questionable (again, to my surprise). 

That’s very disappointing and would highlight that he’s simply not quite where we need him to be…especially since TJD was in good position to stop the play.

Anyone else disappointed that the announcers spent the two OT basically just trying to trash the two teams instead of selling the product?  Jesus…you have two teams playing a 2 OT, 112-110 game…..that’s not the time for you as an announcer to let everyone know how ‘you would have done it differently’.

41 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Will this team start playing with intensity for an entire game soon?  This sleep walk for a half crap is already seriously old.

It is still early.

3 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Anyone else disappointed that the announcers spent the two OT basically just trying to trash the two teams instead of selling the product?  Jesus…you have two teams playing a 2 OT, 112-110 game…..that’s not the time for you as an announcer to let everyone know how ‘you would have done it differently’.

That's pretty much what I expected as soon as I found out Jimmy Dykes was doing the game. I'd rather watch Bardo do a game than Dykes, despite the legitimate complaints with Bardo.