Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Syracuse - 11/30/21 @ 7:00 on ESPN2

Play defense and win that game easily. A very predictable loss in my estimation. But the kids got a lot of experience tonight. Going to face other good shooting teams for most of the rest of the season. Get used to defending teams that aren’t trash. I’m not convinced what we have but TJD will give us a chance…. But also Indiana basketball. We can’t have nice things.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I'm taking this as a win simply because TJD wasn't injured like it looked - The thought of Race, Durr, and shaky Geronimo taking up the slack sent shivers up my spine.

Good effort after getting blasted in the first half.

Good learning experience for Lander.

We need to start hiring Bloomington based refs for further BTN/ACC challenge home games.

Well we lost. Fought hard second half. I guess we will see how this team responds. Hopefully we dont lose a bunch in a row miller style in conference. Hated that first half and stinks to fight so hard to come up Short. Tough. Also tough was prediction league lol. Also what does this score so to our defense ranking? Nothing funny about tonight

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't want to rag on Lander too much, because he was thrown into a situation he clearly was not ready for, but dribbling away 8 of 10 seconds on our final possession of the first OT was just awful. 

The game was tied, we had 10 seconds left and ... we didn't even get a shot off. You wanna take a shot with about 5-6 seconds left. That way, you give yourself a chance for a rebound putback if you miss. And unless all hell breaks loose, you either win or force another OT. There's no way you can lose it there. 

To not even get take a shot -- man, that's bad. 

That said -- it was a helluva entertaining game. Lots to improve on, but lots to be pleased with -- especially with being 18 down in our first road game. 

2 minutes ago, pappy1865 said:

Watching this game with Terre Haute Shriner's. They thought iu got hosed by the refs and I agree. Jimmy's kids got the calls.

Sent from my SM-G986U using BtownBanners mobile app

Thank you for your work with the Shriners- great organization!

The game in a vacuum was great. The game in context, well that hurts a lot. Our non con schedule is garbage. So come bubble watch time, that really hurts us. And losing to a bad Cause team... That hurts. We really needed all the wins. Now we have to play really well in B1G play. It's a must. 

8 minutes ago, Trish said:

At least we fought. 

We’ll know more about this team after Nebraska and Wisconsin next week. 

Agree.

I feel much more hopeful after we fought back.

If we came out playing tight D (especially around the perimeter), and had 12-15 TO’s, we would have won easily.  I think the consistent D part of the equation will be easier to fix but we have already had way too may TO’s a number of game.