Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Syracuse - 11/30/21 @ 7:00 on ESPN2

7 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

So I have a number of questions about Syracuse.  Why did Syracuse lose against Colgate?  Why is Syracuse seeming to play up and down?  Which Syracuse will IU be playing tonight?  What happens to Coach JB if Syracuse loses the next 3 games in a row making them 3 - 6?   Should I take the over or the under?  

I've only watched them against Auburn, but they don't appear nearly as physically imposing on defense. Not as long, athletic or active as I'm used to seeing from them. That's not to say they mailed it in, but if IU hits open shots (that you always have against zone) and plays solid D on their shooters I feel pretty good about the chances......so we'll probably lose by 11 :( 

Ahhhh Syracuse. The team that stopped us from hanging #6. 

The team that made us look like fools in 2013.

Let's see how great our passing and shooting are tonight against the 2-3 Zone. 

12 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Has Syracuse ever played in Bloomington? Last time we played them was with Noah Vonlehs awful team and that was at Syracuse. 

Nope    Played them in Maui twice, New Orleans for the championship, Madison square garden,  the sweet 16 game, and at Cuse.    Tonight will only be the second time IU has played there

IU is 1-5 against Cuse with the 1 being the most important one 

I think this game could be like the 2011-2012 NC State one. That was the first time I felt that team could be something special. Need to win on the road in order to be a top 20ish team in college basketball. That starts tonight. I think it will be tough since I expect a decent crowd. However, IU wins by 5. 

1 hour ago, Trish said:

Ahhhh Syracuse. The team that stopped us from hanging #6. 

The team that made us look like fools in 2013.

Let's see how great our passing and shooting are tonight against the 2-3 Zone. 

I'll never forget Selection Sunday cussing because that was probably the worst matchup with our small guards. Had IU won that game I think they get to the final four but not sure they could beat Michigan a third time. 

25 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'll never forget Selection Sunday cussing because that was probably the worst matchup with our small guards. Had IU won that game I think they get to the final four but not sure they could beat Michigan a third time. 

That Michigan for the title may be my all time favorite IU game.  I remember thinking that game proved how stupid Crean was for not making sure Cody touched the ball on every possession. 

10 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Parker Stewart or Kopp quick enough to guard Buddy Boeheim? That matchup is a bit troublesome

Parker Stewart was quick enough to guard Taevion Kinsey (who, by the way is currently projected as a 1st round draft pick next spring). He is definitely quick enough to guard Buddy Boeheim.

Just now, kreigh8 said:

Just curious, a bit apprehensive about this game.

Me too!

Athleticism is not the determining factor when guarding some of the better two guards we'll face this year; Boeheim, Davison, Eli Brooks, Plummer on Illinois. Recognition, awareness, ability to navigate screens are far more important. Bates is arguably more athletic than Parker, but Parker seems far better equipped for the task.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Brandon Triche, MCW, and CJ Fair aren't walking through that door. Woody isn't scared of the 2-3 so neither am I. This Syracuse team stinks and we don't. Hoosiers by a lot.

I think you may be right -- def hope so -- I think we're pretty clearly the better team, but man it's the first road game and I don't like that football venue/arena. Definitely need to bring it tonight.

Me too!
Athleticism is not the determining factor when guarding some of the better two guards we'll face this year; Boeheim, Davison, Eli Brooks, Plummer on Illinois. Recognition, awareness, ability to navigate screens are far more important. Bates is arguably more athletic than Parker, but Parker seems far better equipped for the task.

For once in what seems like a long while(against blue/purple blood teams) I believe we are the more athletic team in this matchup. Doesn’t equate to a win but we have that advantage in this matchup.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app