Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUMS @ Washington - 11/27/21 @ 3:00 ET - Sweet 16 Match

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

I figured this was our ceiling this year. This team got smacked around a few too many times for a national contender. 

Yep, saw this coming. Everyone did.  The shame was, we had this one locked up if only we could defend.  Oh well.  My 2-2 prediction on the day still stands.

I think we are a ways off from being title contenders. We were outplayed often all season.  Not sure how we project next year, but at first glance I think we will be similar. 

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yep, saw this coming. Everyone did.  The shame was, we had this one locked up if only we could defend.  Oh well.  My 2-2 prediction on the day still stands.

I think we are a ways off from being title contenders. We were outplayed often all season.  Not sure how we project next year, but at first glance I think we will be similar. 

It’s weird because we were supposed to be elite this year.  

To be elite we need a go to scorer something we didn’t have. And a goalie to step up and be very good to replace our elite goalie. 

If we get those two things we will better.  We just too often getting a goal felt like an if not a when situation. 

End to an underwhelming season. It seemed like we never fully clicked. As ,always proud of our guys, especially keeper. We will miss you big Roman. We have some things to figure our for next year, but I like our young core. Go Hoosiers. 

The team saved a disastrous season with a much better second half to the year.

With that said the reason we lost today, is we put ourselves in a terrible position by coming out early and playing badly in September. Because of that we got a National Championship caliber team in the Sweet 16 on the road. The reason we advanced to the College Cup three times in four years is because we set ourselves up in the best possible position with top seeds and no road games. This year we did not set ourselves up with a good seed and got a really hard game much earlier than needed. 

If we want to go to College Cups as we have last few years before this one, we need to play well from the jump so we put ourselves in position to do that with good matchups and NCAA tournament seeding.

Proud of team for turning things around but would rather we are good from the get go in the future.