Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Marshall - 11/27/21 @ 7:00 on BTN

IU players to score 40-plus points ... 

56 points -- Jimmy Rayl (twice) 
48 -- Mike Woodson (who's that guy???)
47 -- Don Schlundt (twice); Steve Downing
45 -- George McGinnis 
44 -- Rayl (twice)
43 -- Trayce Jackson-Davis 
42 -- Steve Alford; Dick Van Arsdale; Walt Bellamy
41 -- Alan Henderson; Scott May; Downing; McGinnis; Rayl; Schlundt (twice) 
40 -- Ted Kitchel

TJD now holds the single-game scoring record at Assembly Hall. Alford had that at 42. 

11 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

This list is incomplete. 

Just found this from the IU record books ... (I added TJD)

IU single-game highs 

56 points -- Jimmy Rayl (twice) 
48 -- Mike Woodson (who's that guy???)
47 -- Don Schlundt (twice); Steve Downing
45 -- George McGinnis 
44 -- Rayl (twice)
43 -- Trayce Jackson-Davis 
42 -- Steve Alford; Dick Van Arsdale; Walt Bellamy
41 -- Alan Henderson; Scott May; Downing; McGinnis; Rayl; Schlundt (twice); 
40 -- Ted Kitchel

TJD now holds the single-game scoring record at Assembly Hall. Alford had that at 42. 

Not many players from the last 30 years.  It seems like everything is more balanced now and you don't see a lot of high scoring games in college basketball

1 minute ago, pumpfake said:

I think we had 9 in the first 10 minutes of the game, so 6 in the final 30 minutes isn't bad.

I think we had lime 3 in the last couple minutes of the game

That was a really fun game to watch. Marshall is fairly disciplined and know exactly what they want to accomplish. Wish the best to them, should have a good season. 

We do miss Robs defense even if he's an enigma of sorts on offense. Durr, wow. X is what we've been missing for SO long. 

Tamar is going to be fantastic. I'm excited about this guy

5 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

That was a really fun game to watch. Marshall is fairly disciplined and know exactly what they want to accomplish. Wish the best to them, should have a good season. 

We do miss Robs defense even if he's an enigma of sorts on offense. Durr, wow. X is what we've been missing for SO long. 

Tamar is going to be fantastic. I'm excited about this guy

Durr doesn’t give us much at all, I think we’ve seen enough to know that. I would love to see Duncomb to see what our depth or lack there truly is. If Duncomb is worse than Durr we have no depth 

47 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

For those of us that don’t know is this who Durr has been or has his injury robbed him of all of his athleticism?

I mean he averaged like 8 and 8 last year at South Florida while playing in a conference that is obviously much worse than the Big Ten. I questioned the signing at the time, sometimes players just kind of are what they are.

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

We lose that under Archie. We lose St Johns under Crean. Woody can coach a little. Maybe we’ll find out just how much. 

Depends which team under Crean. First 3 years, probably lose by 25. Lost by like 10 or even with that 13-14 team. Probably about the same with 14-15 team. 16-17 team with OG wins by 10. 11-12 team wins by 10. 15-16 team wins by 15. 12-13 team wins by 20. 

7 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I think Durr will be fine, he still trying to get into shape.  I think he will give us valuable minutes during the B10 season.

Hmm, why? He has never shown much, pre-IU and at IU. I wouldn’t bet much on him being a key contributor. If we have to rely on him we will be in trouble

Good win. The team continues to show fight when things aren't going well. Even saw some fire from CMW. 

He was PISSED at XJ for that (lack of) play.

That one official had $$$ on the game. Called two OB off IU that were clearly off Marshall. What was the spread?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That was a fun game to attend, great to see TJD set the AH scoring mark.  We are far from perfect, but I think we are continuing to improve.  It's nice to see the players be allowed to play through mistakes instead of being yanked from the game.  That experience will pay off down the road against better teams.

Woody really got on Lander when he made an ill advised first pass to Stewart on the wing that went out of bounds, and I don't think anyone in the arena had any doubts that Woody wanted that pass to go to TJD.  But he left him in the game, and the next time he brought the ball up, the pass went to TJD.

Edited by HoosierTownie

Depends which team under Crean. First 3 years, probably lose by 25. Lost by like 10 or even with that 13-14 team. Probably about the same with 14-15 team. 16-17 team with OG wins by 10. 11-12 team wins by 10. 15-16 team wins by 15. 12-13 team wins by 20. 

Crean would have had TJD on the bench after he scored 8 in the first half. He never ever rode the hot hand.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm so happy.  Thank you Coach Woody!  Thank you Dolson for firing that previous dumbass!

TJD is turning into a player that will be a lifetime favorite for a generation of fans.  Good for him

I need to preface this next part...I like Bates.  I'm sure he'll be a solid player.  I really have nothing bad to say about him.  But why do some posters praise him so much?  He seems like a very average freshman to me...what am I missing?

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Osterman:  Trayce Jackson-Davis set the Assembly Hall scoring record tonight, period.  Not just among IU players.  No player has scored more in a single game in this building, ever.

That’s what i was thinking of earlier - truly special