Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Marshall - 11/27/21 @ 7:00 on BTN

TJD was incredible.
He was....in previous years we stop feeding the post or we take the hot hand out of the game. That's probably why we haven't had a 40+ individual effort in over 25 years. Kudos to Woodson and the team to continue to feed the post and let TJD work.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m still greatly concerned how we play when we play poorly good teams will take these leads and we won’t be able to come back. Need more from some of our guards 

But seriously please let’s get TJD some sponsorships to keep him 1 more year 

Marshall is a good team.  We are missing a couple big pieces off the bench and that 1st half the bench let us down outside Bates.  I think Woodson got into them and they responded.  I’m more concerned about our lack of frontcourt depth is my biggest concern.

1 minute ago, IU - Kaulie said:

Marshall is a good team.  We are missing a couple big pieces off the bench and that 1st half the bench let us down outside Bates.  I think Woodson got into them and they responded.  I’m more concerned about our lack of frontcourt depth is my biggest concern.

I think Race could have had a bigger scoring game, but when they refused to double TJD, you keep feeding him. If they had doubled him more, Parker/Kopp and Race would have scored more.

1 minute ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I think Durr will struggle against athletic opponents.  

12 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

Good win against a quality team.  We can improve and get better but I like this team.

I do too, not sure I trust them yet though! They do seem to have the pieces, just need to get it figured out and I tend to think they will. Rob might have helped on D tonight, especially early. Glad XJ didn't get in foul trouble

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Osterman:  Trayce Jackson-Davis set the Assembly Hall scoring record tonight, period.  Not just among IU players.  No player has scored more in a single game in this building, ever.

That’s pretty impressive considering the defense Crean used to trot out there 20 times a season 

Just now, DWB said:

I think Race could have had a bigger scoring game, but when they refused to double TJD, you keep feeding him. If they had doubled him more, Parker/Kopp and Race would have scored more.

Well yeah.  I meant outside of Race/TJD and our wings.  If they were to get into foul trouble or something we lack depth up front is my biggest concern going forward.

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Osterman:  Trayce Jackson-Davis set the Assembly Hall scoring record tonight, period.  Not just among IU players.  No player has scored more in a single game in this building, ever.

He might be right, but I thought Woody scored 43-45 one game in the late 70's or 1980. ICBW though.

McGinnis scored his in AH too I think, but before Knight got there. AH was open for a year before RMK if I remember correctly. (big IF)