Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Marshall - 11/27/21 @ 7:00 on BTN

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I find this comment laughable.

WE WON’T ALWAYS BLOW TEAMS OUT

And we are playing a good, athletic team.

Not blowing a team out is a lot different than trailing at half and letting them score 17-0 straight. 

But yeah let’s pretend everything is fine 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Not blowing a team out is a lot different than trailing at half and letting score 17-0 straight. 

The defense we got from the bench was awful that half.  Woodson pulled a couple guys almost immediately and the starters responded.  Problem is we have to go back to them and Rob and Trey are good defense pieces.

17 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I'm not sure how Big10 play will go if Copp and Stewart can't keep a guy in front of them. Competition is going to get tougher. Need those two for their scoring, but that has me concerned a bit

I wonder how long both of them will start/play together. If they both don’t light it up I don’t think it is good to have both of them in the game at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Not blowing a team out is a lot different than trailing at half and letting them score 17-0 straight. 

The 5 minute scoring drought definitely concerns me because it’s the exact problem we had last year. Too often we look like TJD and 4 guys. I’’m hopeful but also concerned.

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Zach Osterman -- Steve Downing scored 41 in a against Illinois in 1973 that is, I'm assuming, the single-game Assembly Hall scoring record for a player who did not make a 3 in said game.

Records were meant to be broken....

I think Marshall is a pretty good team and seem to be well coached but how are they not doing anything different on TJD lol?  I mean I will take it but I’m sure TJD is loving the way he is being played.  No double.  No help from the guards.  Back to Marshall with the loss as TJD goes for a 50 piece.

1 minute ago, HoosierX said:

Not complaining but I feel like TJD (and Race) have been the beneficiary of some ticky tac foul calls.

That wrestling bump one of them took before TJD's King Kong dunk is usually called a charge too.