Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Marshall - 11/27/21 @ 7:00 on BTN

Just now, Honkyman said:

IU has to keep the first unit on the floor. The reserves,  except for Bates,  were a disaster.

Bates' offense is OK, but he got beat at least 3-4 times on defense. Usually he's pretty good. Not tonite

Just now, IU - Kaulie said:

The bench outside Bates (Lander and Jordan) has to be better in 2nd half.  They had been playing really well but both were not good that half.  We really miss Rob and Trey in that spot.

What has Rob brought that was missing?

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

When someone stepped up to help they left their man wide open under the rim without help for the helper.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I saw Durr get lost on a pick and roll. I can't figure him out yet. He can move pretty good for a big man, but he doesn't strike me as a guy with a high bball IQ

1 minute ago, DWB said:

Bates' offense is OK, but he got beat at least 3-4 times on defense. Usually he's pretty good. Not tonite

They are all getting beat.  I didn’t notice Bates getting beat all that much.  I did notice Jordan getting beat and looking all kinds of lost which is why he got yanked immediately.  Hurry up Trey.

2 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

What has Rob brought that was missing?

Rob hasn’t played well but he can still play defense.  Lander is much improved but he isn’t there yet.  Their guards were getting everything they wanted when he was in the game.

3 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I'm not sure how Big10 play will go if Copp and Stewart can't keep a guy in front of them. Competition is going to get tougher. Need those two for their scoring, but that has me concerned a bit

Kopp needs to start contributing with buckets.  He plays hard and smart but needs to score.