Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 7 - Syracuse 11/30/21)

I think we finally have a coach who will know how to attack a zone. With 2 dudes who can make little bunnies around the hoop and a guard that can attack quickly, I’ll say

68-60 Hoosiers

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't participate in the prediction league...not sure why, but I don't think Syracuse is going to give us the problems they traditionally have. We've all read the anti-preparation stories from when Crean faced them in the sweet 16. Woody put it on Fife and the coaches to prepare. And as I'm reading, X and PS have both played against that zone & are helping coach us in practice. I believe the key to win will be in our D, not our O. More scattered thoughts here, but Syracuse is also not as "long and athletic" like they have been in the past, which makes that zone very tough. I think we hit our 3s, break up their zone, play tough D and surprise some folks.

Adjusted Defense #156!!! https://kenpom.com

And Sagarin is lower on them than KenPom... https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2022-2/college-basketball-team-ratings-2021-22/

VCUs 258th rated offense put up 68 on them and won by double digits...

We have something to prove and are playing with purpose. IU 77, Cuse 62.

2 hours ago, IU-DL said:

I don't participate in the prediction league...not sure why, but I don't think Syracuse is going to give us the problems they traditionally have. We've all read the anti-preparation stories from when Crean faced them in the sweet 16. Woody put it on Fife and the coaches to prepare. And as I'm reading, X and PS have both played against that zone & are helping coach us in practice. I believe the key to win will be in our D, not our O. More scattered thoughts here, but Syracuse is also not as "long and athletic" like they have been in the past, which makes that zone very tough. I think we hit our 3s, break up their zone, play tough D and surprise some folks.

Adjusted Defense #156!!! https://kenpom.com

And Sagarin is lower on them than KenPom... https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2022-2/college-basketball-team-ratings-2021-22/

VCUs 258th rated offense put up 68 on them and won by double digits...

We have something to prove and are playing with purpose. IU 77, Cuse 62.

Good post. I haven't made my prediction here yet but largely agree -- we've been snakebit by Cuse and are thinking in the past. We have a different team, differently coached, and Cuse hasn't been strong this year.

However -- it's our first road game, and we have struggled against the zone this year already. I still think we pull it out.

18 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Good post. I haven't made my prediction here yet but largely agree -- we've been snakebit by Cuse and are thinking in the past. We have a different team, differently coached, and Cuse hasn't been strong this year.

However -- it's our first road game, and we have struggled against the zone this year already. I still think we pull it out.

I still cannot get over the poor job we did against the zone in 2013...

4 minutes ago, Evariste Galois said:

Yeah, Hulls' injury didn't help - he had a separated shoulder. And Cody missed almost everything. Ball movement was terrible, just as it was in the game against Temple. Yeah, not my best memory lol

5 hours ago, Evariste Galois said:

Unlike 2013 the Cuse does not have a 6’5” athletic, PG lottery pick defensive nightmare, going against an injured 6’ SG and a 5’11” freshman PG. That Cuse team held Marquette to 39 points after beating IU while this Cuse team has allowed 89 or more points to 3 of the teams they have played.

IU - 81

Cuse - 73