Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2025)- Trent Sisley

14 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

These seem like no brainers for Indiana to be 110% for.  Long ways off.  Angry Franimal McCaffery always seems to be trying to poach Indiana players. 

I don’t think Fran has ever gotten a player that Indiana was invested in recruiting.

I hate to say it, but I think best case scenario has us competing with every team that matters for Sisley and his game just screams “Duke” to me.

Assuming he continues to improve, it wouldn’t surprise me if he never plays a college game. You just don’t see many kids with that combination of size and skill set at that age. NIL already has Adam Silver talking about dropping the draft age requirement and there will be another CBA before Sisley graduates. 

I hate to say it, but I think best case scenario has us competing with every team that matters for Sisley and his game just screams “Duke” to me.
Assuming he continues to improve, it wouldn’t surprise me if he never plays a college game. You just don’t see many kids with that combination of size and skill set at that age. NIL already has Adam Silver talking about dropping the draft age requirement and there will be another CBA before Sisley graduates. 

I don’t see it that way. He won’t be a straight to the league guy. Duke? Maybe…. Sisley is great right now, let’s see what happens over the next 2 years. Indiana and maybe, more likely Purdue seem like teams in the front seat at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

15 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

Maybe…think geography matters, and Dad saying openly they’re IU fans matters too

1 hour ago, Bigred3588 said:

Wasn’t that the case with Kaufman as well?

51 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Kaufman just didn’t vibe with Archie at all. Kind of like Guy with Crean 

Plus I don’t know the Kaufman was an IU fan. And Archie had IU in a tough spot once he finally decided

This recruitment is a long ways away from being an IU lock. Yes the family are IU fans but a ton of people in their family are Purdue people as well. I’ve seen him and his brother Blake wear both IU and Purdue gear. I do think IU is in a good position but want to temper those who believe he is an IU lock. Trent recruitment is just picking up and I’m sure he has absolutely no idea where he is going. If you would have asked him a year ago his answer probably would have been Oregon because they started the cool color/jersey fad and are a Nike school. He’s a very young, excellent, and talent young man and I hope he chooses IU as much as the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

Wasn’t that the case with Kaufman as well?

Miller recruited Kaufman wrong. Kaufman wants to be a stretch 4 or a 3. In other words, he wants to play on the perimeter. Miller tried to sell him on playing like TJD.

4 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Miller recruited Kaufman wrong

Kaufman went to Purdue for the same reason Brooks went to Kentucky. Both saw IU struggling under Miller and they wanted to go to what they thought are better programs.

9 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Kaufman went to Purdue for the same reason Brooks went to Kentucky. Both saw IU struggling under Miller and they wanted to go to what they thought are better programs.

That was certainly part of it, sure, but Miller did recruit him wrong. He tried to sell him on a role he wasn't interested in.

Brooks thought he would get to the NBA quickly by going to UK. Obviously, he was wrong but that was his mindset.

7 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

These guys must like each other. 4 deep at many of the games instead of the spread out approach.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Unlike previous evaluation periods, the 3 major circuits are scattered geographically -- east coast, west coast and Illinois.  Also, the EYBL schedule for Peach Jam is more spread out and thus not as many games being played in the same time slot.

@JustWinWoody for clarification, the Gym Rats squad is not Sisley's and Haralson's 16U team as their team did not qualify for the Peach Jam event.

The 17U Indy Heat team did qualify and that would be the team that we watched with players of possible IU interest being Sam Orme and Reece Potter.