Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2025)- Trent Sisley

Trent had 15 points and 12 rebounds in a 47-40 win vs Gibson Southern last night.  The radio call made it sound like he’s seeing a lot of double teams trying to get the ball out of his hands.  He’s learning to deal with a lot of attention from opposing teams as you would expect from a Freshman. Highlight below of a coast to coast jam  

Friday night lost 56-54 to Pike Central.  Sisley 25 pts. on 9-17 FG; 0-2 on 3s; 7-8 FT; 7 reb; 1 asst; 2 stl; 1 blk; 1 TO.

Saturday night beat Tecumseh 70-37.  Sisley 20 pts. on 7-10 FG; 0-1 on 3s; 6-7 FT; 8 reb; 3 asst; 1 stl; 3 blk; 0 TO.

Good lord that young kid can play.

Yup! Kid is legit! 3 areas he needs to focus on though.
1. Defense. He struggles at times but I have no doubt it will get fixed. Some of it has to do with him not ever having to play it when your that big and athletic playing against typical 7th and 8th graders. It will come with time and experience.
2. Consistent 3 point shot. The kid can shoot but it needs to get more consistent. Right now he is kinda of a “get hott shooter”. He lives in the gym so again I see him shooting over 40% by the time he is a junior if not earlier.
3. He has to cut down on turnovers. He tries to do so much sometimes but he is really the only one who can create on his team. Also doesn’t help he gets doubled and tripled on most possessions. HH has some kids who can flat shoot but they can’t break anyone down. Again I would assume as he matures and grows the turnovers will be limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trent with 16 pts (3-8 field goals, 2-2 3pt, 4-4 FTs) 10 rebounds, 2 assist, 1 block, 6 TOs in the 60-37 loss to Castle Saturday.  Turnovers were the difference in this one - HH 22 to Castle's 4 the last I recall.  I felt like I was listening to an IU game with all of the turnovers.  Tough outing for the young Patriots.

Quite the contrast in games.  Friday night HH defeated Southridge 64-50.  Sisley with 31 pts. on 13-15 FG; 1-2 on 3s; 4-4 FT; 7 reb; 2 asst; 0 stl; 1 blk; 3 TO.   

@ArchieNoMo have you actually watched any of his games?  In the Castle game and a couple of others his TO numbers were pretty ugly and I'm curious if there's a particular cause, i.,e, bad passes, traveling, poor dribbling?

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Quite the contrast in games.  Friday night HH defeated Southridge 64-50.  Sisley with 31 pts. on 13-15 FG; 1-2 on 3s; 4-4 FT; 7 reb; 2 asst; 0 stl; 1 blk; 3 TO.   

@ArchieNoMo have you actually watched any of his games?  In the Castle game and a couple of others his TO numbers were pretty ugly and I'm curious if there's a particular cause, i.,e, bad passes, traveling, poor dribbling?

I have streamed all but a couple of games this season that weren't streamed.  It seems like a lot of his turnovers are pass-related and often times passing out of double teams, or trying to make plays and force a pass when it isn't there as Dillion stated above.   He handles the ball very well as you can see by most of the clips above.  He's tough to stop out in the open court as most of the time he's going hard to the rack!

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Great when we can get first hand reports and sounds a lot like just growing pains of a freshman playing varsity ball

I think that is what is absolutely crazy, we are talking about a freshman at the varsity level.  He has 3 1/2 years of development before he even graduates high school!  It will be a fun ride!