Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: POTFB

9 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Is it obvious or is it obvious. First down, what will Indiana do?

On the first drive we actually threw on first down a few times.

Cue bad time management coming up to end the half.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That really irks me.  We don't have someone who can barrel through the defense, so constantly doing that makes us predictable to read and just wastes a whole down.

This team does nothing right. Or am I wrong? Why are we running up the middle every time on first down and getting behind the chains? I am sorry but coaching needs a serious overhaul! Hopefully we can come back second half

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just now, coonhounds said:

This team does nothing right. Or am I wrong? Why are we running up the middle even time on first down and getting behind the chains? I am sorry but coaching needs a serious overhaul! Hopefully we can come back second half

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I get the concerns that folks say "Oh, better teams will just poach us!" when it comes to coordinators, but having a guy who doesn't know what he's doing does a great disservice to the program.

And that was why I talked smack about Allen and LEO earlier today.  To me, to truly love something is to sometimes understand when something isn't working out and figure out the most amicable way to end it rather than just follow along out of convenience or fear, which is why LEO sometimes feels like unbridled optimism with no checks.

19 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Sheridan loves running straight up the middle.

To me it looks like Heard is calling the plays.  It can't be Sheridan because we are actually using the middle of the field.

4 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

I get the concerns that folks say "Oh, better teams will just poach us!" when it comes to coordinators, but having a guy who doesn't know what he's doing does a great disservice to the program.

And that was why I talked smack about Allen and LEO earlier today.  To me, to truly love something is to sometimes understand when something isn't working out and figure out the most amicable way to end it rather than just follow along out of convenience or fear, which is why LEO sometimes feels like unbridled optimism with no checks.

There’s no point in firing him mid season wait to see what he does in the offseason 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

There’s no point in firing him mid season wait to see what he does in the offseason 

It's a long off-season for us this time.  Might as well see if he hems and haws or is proactive.  I mean, us armchair QBs can only complain about stuff irregardless of the decisions, so it's just up to what happens.