Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: POTFB

Who cares how much Purdue is favored by, when the game is, or what channel it's on? Purdue sucks and we hate them. No better way to cap off a dogs**t season than to go into West Lafayette and take a dump on their god-awful turf. I mean seriously, for an ag school that strip of "grass" is an absolute embarrassment. It looks like they let their co-eds trample and graze on it throughout the week. 

Anyway, this is not the thread to come pout about our season. It sucks and everyone knows it. I need my sunshine pumpers here to talk about beating these turds and salvage one piece of positivity from this dumpster fire of a season.

And for the love of everything holy, please triple team David Bell.

My favorite IU-Toiletmaker moment is probably the 1988 beatdown -- IU 52, PUs 7. And that was at Moss-Grade Stadium. I was a junior then (yep, I'm that old). Dave Schnell and Anthony Thompson led the way -- but I'm having trouble finding photos, etc., from then. 

So -- this one wasn't bad, either ... 

21 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

My favorite IU-Toiletmaker moment is probably the 1988 beatdown -- IU 52, PUs 7. And that was at Moss-Grade Stadium. I was a junior then (yep, I'm that old). Dave Schnell and Anthony Thompson led the way -- but I'm having trouble finding photos, etc., from then. 

So -- this one wasn't bad, either ... 

still get emotional watching Starr's kick. Man we needed it that year. IU'87.

Both of my brothers went to Purdue.  My parents wanted me to go to Purdue.  

I said:  You have got to be kidding!  

IU has had the Old Oaken Bucket...what?  FOR TWO YEARS!!

If Purdue doesn't cancel this game, again...or whatever...IU will bring the bucket back to Bloomington for a third year.

It's just the right thing to do... POTFB!  

I was at a Purdue/IU game in West Lafayette a year we got beat down......got there about an hour before the game and with road construction and horrible ******* accomadations, I wasn't even able to get to my seat before the end of the first quarter.  Puck Furdue.

Here are some happy Bucket memories for us to feel all warm and fuzzy about tomorrow while we try to ignore what's happening:

Austin Starr's winning kick.

Mitch Ewald's winning kick in overtime.

Zander Diamond holding the bucket with a cigar in his mouth after winning his only collegiate game as a starter.

Peyton Ramsey plowing into the end zone for the winning score two years ago.

At least we'll always have those moments. 

19 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

54 points in one game? Miss it. We’ve scored 52 points total in seven of our conference games, 87 points total in the conference including the Maryland game.

I really enjoyed that 2015 team and I honestly think it may have been better than the 2019 team.  The 2015 Hoosiers were 6-6 but if not for an epic meltdown against Rutgers and a 4th and goal conversion at the end of regulation by Michigan, that team would have been 8-4 with wins over a good Jeff Brohm-led Western Kentucky team that finished in the final top 25 AP Poll and only lost to us and LSU, and Jim Harbaugh's first Michigan team that if not for the botched punt against MSU would have been in the top 10 when we played.  Not to mention that team took #1 Ohio St to the final play of regulation with Sudfeld and Howard both out in the 2nd half.

21 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

54 points in one game? Miss it. We’ve scored 52 points total in seven of our conference games, 87 points total in the conference including the Maryland game.

I noticed something really cool in these highlights. The O-line kept doing this thing where they opened up a big gap and the RB ran through it. It’s not something I’m familiar with. Really neat. 

10 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I noticed something really cool in these highlights. The O-line kept doing this thing where they opened up a big gap and the RB ran through it. It’s not something I’m familiar with. Really neat. 

I think they banned it at some point between 2015 and 2021 actually.