Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

Taking a page out of Tucker’s book and loading this class with transfers so far. That’s a really dangerous game to play, but I sure hope it pays off for us like it did for Sparty this year. 

Really need to keep our freshman class together, which it appears we’ve been able to do. No one has “opened their recruitment” yet that I’ve seen. 

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Ugh.

As the room sits currently they’ll have 4 on scholarship. With Tuttle, Williams, McCulley, and Hoover. There’s still time for that to change depending on the new OC and if anything else happens in the QB room. 

5 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

As the room sits currently they’ll have 4 on scholarship. With Tuttle, Williams, McCulley, and Hoover. There’s still time for that to change depending on the new OC and if anything else happens in the QB room. 

I know the ones on scholarship.  We've seen two with underwhelming results and they didn't trust McCulley over a walkon by the end of the year.  Williams could end up at another position eventually and Hoover is going to a be a true freshman.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I know the ones on scholarship.  We've seen two with underwhelming results and they didn't trust McCulley over a walkon by the end of the year.  Williams could end up at another position eventually and Hoover is going to a be a true freshman.

I’m taking this results with a grain of salt due to poor OL play, bad OC preparation and play calling, and not having many consistent weapons. It wasn’t a recipe for success.

26 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I’m taking this results with a grain of salt due to poor OL play, bad OC preparation and play calling, and not having many consistent weapons. It wasn’t a recipe for success.

It wasn't a recipe for sure.  I just wish I had seen some flashes from either Tuttle or McCulley.

10 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

It wasn't a recipe for sure.  I just wish I had seen some flashes from either Tuttle or McCulley.

I see things in Tuttle I like, I'd like to see what he can do without being rushed.

2 hours ago, Homer said:

I see things in Tuttle I like, I'd like to see what he can do without being rushed.

You're seeing things in Tuttle, then, that I'm not.  All I've seen is a dink and dump guy who, when he is to supposed to ever throw deep, throws up floaters.  

170 passes into his career and he's still under 5 yards per pass and has a negative TD/INT ratio.

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Likely staying in Texas and going to TCU

Googled his Twitter handle and a tweet popped up that said "Committed! Go Frogs!" I clicked on it only to find it had been deleted. 

On the same day we hire a guy UMass didn't want, we lose our top QB recruit. Allen sure is #winning lately. 

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Googled his Twitter handle and a tweet popped up that said "Committed! Go Frogs!" I clicked on it only to find it had been deleted. 

On the same day we hire a guy UMass didn't want, we lose our top QB recruit. Allen sure is #winning lately. 

Hoover has to do with Sheridan getting fired and TCU hiring the SMU staff that Hoover also like in his recruitment