Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Edit: this tweet displayed horribly. It has Luke Haggard at #9.

This wasn't the tweet I thought I'd read today haha

Maybe Jones was A LOT of the problem. Truly on the OL, one weak link can lead to massive amounts of problems. 

We'll see I reckon. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Maybe Jones was A LOT of the problem. Truly on the OL, one weak link can lead to massive amounts of problems. 

We'll see I reckon. 

Guessing Haggard is mostly based on potential, but yeah that surprised me too. He's built like a Greek God and came in really raw without bad habits. Scouts will drool over him physically.

52 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We'll see I reckon. 

Jones was absolute trash. But the coach is still the weakest link and still has a job for some reason. Guess we will see though. Don't see the run blocking getting any better. 

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Jones was absolute trash. But the coach is still the weakest link and still has a job for some reason. Guess we will see though. Don't see the run blocking getting any better. 

How do you know he's the weakest link?

How do you know the run blocking won't be better? 

It was better than the pass pro last year. Gulp.  

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The first part is a bit uncalled for, don't you think?  Jones struggled on the field, no one is going to debate that, but he devoted 4+ years to the university and by all accounts represented the school well off the field and you characterize the young man as 'absolute trash.' smh

21 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

The first part is a bit uncalled for, don't you think?  Jones struggled on the field, no one is going to debate that, but he devoted 4+ years to the university and by all accounts represented the school well off the field and you characterize the young man as 'absolute trash.' smh

And.. I'll highly doubt many posters are equipped to critque OL play/coaching. 

4 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

No it isn't uncalled for. Dude was toasted on almost every down. He was terrible. 

13 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

No it isn't uncalled for. Dude was toasted on almost every down. He was terrible. 

Saying something like "his performance was absolute trash" makes it about his play rather than appearing to be about him as a person. I'm sure that wasn't your intent, but it kind of comes off that way.

14 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Saying he was a dogshirt player on a message board?

Seems fair to me. Especially for a guy that played like crap

Some sensitive Sallies in here

Jones wasn’t good at T period last year - hoping Haggerty is much better.

Jones probably a good dude though. Not sure what’s so wrong to criticize on-field/court play

1 hour ago, kreigh8 said:

Some sensitive Sallies in here

Jones wasn’t good at T period last year - hoping Haggerty is much better.

Jones probably a good dude though. Not sure what’s so wrong to criticize on-field/court play

Haggard played basically all the snaps at LT the last 10 ish games. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Haggard played basically all the snaps at LT the last 10 ish games. 

Fair enough - put up or shut up year IMO for IU football. Another year like last year and Allen's seat has to warm a bit. Eventually soundbites needs to turn to wins. 2020 was magical, but ancient history at this point. Just win baby!

11 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Hope Mike stays healthy. They'll be a must-watch for me if he does.

Absolutely. Between Penix and keeping track of how DeBoer does as HC, will  probably keep closer track of Washington than any team outside Bloomington.