Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

27 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Another impressive resumé hire. 

Geez ... I know many are a little cynical about IUFB after recent sadness, but that seems about on the level with the past McCullough as RB coach hire, which created incredible buzz.

30 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Another impressive resumé hire. 

30 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Geez ... I know many are a little cynical about IUFB after recent sadness, but that seems about on the level with the past McCullough as RB coach hire, which created incredible buzz.

Need him to be a recruiter using that NFL experience. McCullough is a good position coach, but he's a great recruiter. I see Henry with recruiting creds on DJ Chark, but not many other guys in his 3 years at LSU. (Not that that's bad or really matters 10 years later, just a data point) We haven't had the best track record of bringing in killer recruiters lately.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Need him to be a recruiter using that NFL experience. McCullough is a good position coach, but he's a great recruiter. I see Henry with recruiting creds on DJ Chark, but not many other guys in his 3 years at LSU. (Not that that's bad or really matters 10 years later, just a data point) We haven't had the best track record of bringing in killer recruiters lately.

Define lately or killer recruiters?  I ask because last year's class is the highest ranked class in the history of IUFB since the inception of ranking classes. Folks like Peoples and Wright are fairly new to the staff. And Wright is knocking it out the park in my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Define lately or killer recruiters?  I ask because last year's class is the highest ranked class in the history of IUFB since the inception of ranking classes. Folks like Peoples and Wright are fairly new to the staff. And Wright is knocking it out the park in my opinion. 

Peoples is gone, but he was a good one. Wright's connections are invaluable; he's definitely killing it. I might have been too harsh with my last sentence that you quoted, but Warren was touted as this ace recruiting stud, but he was a turd and an awful hire in general and a few of the guys that have been here a while (including a fanbase-wide punching bag) are lazy. Allen pulls a TON of weight in recruiting. A lot more than most head coaches as far as day-to-day work. Now that he's taking back defensive play-calling (which I hate) I worry about spreading himself too thin again like his first couple of years. He's built a really, really good recruiting staff that also helps pull dead weight among the coaching staff, but those positions can only do so much. Hopefully this big group of new coaches is ready to hit the trail.

Some more pro day numbers. Looks like Hendershot tested a little (a lot) better yesterday than at the combine. His drill work at the combine was solid, so this will definitely help his stock out.

Haven't seen any other numbers yet. Curious to see how Ball and McFadden ran, if he ran.

1 hour ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Former Northern Illinois and Temple head coach, Rod Cary, has been added to the staff as a quality control coach.  

Wasn't he a big name a few years ago?

5 minutes ago, upperarlington said:

Dude had a pretty bright future for us, but multiple suspensions can spell a death sentence on the field.

Yeah, too bad. 247's portal page has him with 2 remaining years of eligibility. 2 more years of him would've been huge.