Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

16 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

So did we lose virtually every RB on the roster because of the OC or because the OL sucked? Or a combination of both?

Well if we remember James tried to quit once before and we talked him out of it. Baldwin had a bad fumble early in the season, got benched, and never showed up to another practice. Supposedly his dad chewed out the staff for benching his son. 

45 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I just try to add what I hear. I’m not sitting in on meetings or anything. I’ve also found that this site is so much better than the other I’ve been on.

He's a pretty alright guy. I walked passed him on a regular basis before realizing who he was by happenstance when he was helping me with something. If you're on campus or in Btown you might see him walking around when it's not -1000 degrees.

27 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Pretty obvious Hiller should have been canned but this stuff happens all the time. How many times have you seen companies lose good employees because somebody refused to get rid of a bad one. It will come back to bite Allen in the end.

I mean they go to church together sooooo

jesus-take-the-wheel.gif

41 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Been around IU message boards since 1997 so I  am good.  If I could survive Peegs and arguing with Gorjko about whether RMK should be let go.

You’ve been here less than a year and all you do is complain about other posters. Meanwhile Chris provides tons of valuable info and commentary. Probably time to back off as most of us appreciate a Btown connection.

2 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

You’ve been here less than a year and all you do is complain about other posters. Meanwhile Chris provides tons of valuable info and commentary. Probably time to back off as most of us appreciate a Btown connection.

Stop, it's just not accurate

7 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

He's a pretty alright guy. I walked passed him on a regular basis before realizing who he was by happenstance when he was helping me with something. If you're on campus or in Btown you might see him walking around when it's not -1000 degrees.

I could have walked past you another 1000 times and would have never figured out who you was. Glad you’re smarter than I am. 

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Well if we remember James tried to quit once before and we talked him out of it. Baldwin had a bad fumble early in the season, got benched, and never showed up to another practice. Supposedly his dad chewed out the staff for benching his son. 

And he’s now at juggernaut UMASS and James is at Purdue. Most of the guys Hart brought in didn’t end up being power 5 talent and color me shocked if once James doesn’t get carries at Purdue (despite having no legitimate RBs on the roster) he leaves again and ends up at Ball St or the equivalent. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Tim Sr. was an absolute problem. Still think Jr. should’ve played more, but whatevs. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Wow, never heard that Baldwin stopped going to practice after getting benched. If that’s the case….don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

5 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I don’t think it’s a rumor that Coach Hiller is not very good at his job, and keeping him around is hurting the program more than my dumba$$ posting on a message board. Just do as my wife does when I tell her this information. She says Who Cares. 

If all of this true, then basically you're saying is CTA is not doing a good job. If he's literally losing coaches over the OL coach, that's a very bad look and he'll be hard press to keep a good OC. That being said, this isn't much different than every program. Most of these teams have some coach's son etc. on staff and you can't tell me they are the best coaches available. Football is the king of sports coaching nepotism. So I buy this is an issue, I don't buy Hiller being the main cause of the failures of the offense, especially this past season. 

12 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

And he’s now at juggernaut UMASS and James is at Purdue. Most of the guys Hart brought in didn’t end up being power 5 talent and color me shocked if once James doesn’t get carries at Purdue (despite having no legitimate RBs on the roster) he leaves again and ends up at Ball St or the equivalent. 

You might be on to something about Hart. I think the only RB he recruited that turned out was Scott. But I will say to be fair with all the other recruits, I don't think Barry Sanders himself would have been any good with they way the front 5 has been. An offense can't do poop without a front 5. It's the lifeblood.  The heart and soul. The meat and potatoes. The... oh man, look at me rambling. 

8 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

If all of this true, then basically you're saying is CTA is not doing a good job. If he's literally losing coaches over the OL coach, that's a very bad look and he'll be hard press to keep a good OC. That being said, this isn't much different than every program. Most of these teams have some coach's son etc. on staff and you can't tell me they are the best coaches available. Football is the king of sports coaching nepotism. So I buy this is an issue, I don't buy Hiller being the main cause of the failures of the offense, especially this past season. 

Speaking from personal experience, good teams don't have coaches openly discussing having issues with other coaches.  Bad teams do. And the really bad ones have coaches discussing their discontent with the players. The whole LEO mantra doesn't seem to be happening behind closed doors if indeed all of these rumors are happening. But I do agree with you and hear what you're saying about other programs. It's just the good teams handle it better.

3 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

You might be on to something about Hart. I think the only RB he recruited that turned out was Scott. But I will say to be fair with all the other recruits, I don't think Barry Sanders himself would have been any good with they way the front 5 has been. An offense can't do poop without a front 5. It's the lifeblood.  The heart and soul. The meat and potatoes. The... oh man, look at me rambling. 

As for Hart’s recruits, I look at where they end up and how they did at lesser destinations and that tells me all I need to know about his eye for talent and ability to develop RBs. I never understood why he got as much credit as he did. As for Stevie Scott, I think there were family ties to Hart if IRC and the fact the IU was the only school who recruited him to be an RB…his other offers were on defense. So he certainly gets some credit there with an assist to Allen for his efforts. 

8 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I’m not sure anyone is arguing Hiller was the “main cause”, rather he was the obvious weakest link. I think injuries were the main cause but did the ineptitude of the OL contribute to that? Likely. Can a struggling offense rally behind backup QBs RBs and WRs when the OL can’t protect them/create holes for them? Not a chance.  
When Sheridan and Warren get thown under the bus while Hiller is protected at all costs (despite other coaches raising concerns) it shows CTA doesn’t value their opinion nor has what it takes to make difficult but necessary adjustments for the greater good of the program. 

19 hours ago, Chris007 said:

The bad fumble was against Cincinnati -- fumbled inside the 10 yard line when we going in for the tying score.  But he did get 4 carries the next week and one the following......was the staff actually playing him when he wasn't showing up for practice?

4 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

The bad fumble was against Cincinnati -- fumbled inside the 10 yard line when we going in for the tying score.  But he did get 4 carries the next week and one the following......was the staff actually playing him when he wasn't showing up for practice?

No he had two fumbles after that, then only one carry against PSU and never returned from the bye week.

9 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Appears to be an extremely qualified McCullough replacement.

When this tweet says "analyst" it is referring to him being a Thad Matta/Armond Hill type in-team advisor. Prior to that he was an NFL running backs coach for ten straight years.

This sounds really good to me.