Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

14 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

The OL was bad. That's no secret. But if he actually left because the head coach made a decision that he didn't agree with, then good riddance. That's tough s**t and I'm guessing he was told as much on his way out the door. It's the 2nd time he's dipped out on IU to go to a bigger and better school.

Whether the coach in question should've been retained isn't even relevant here. That argument can go on forever and can be reasonably debated from both sides. I'll take someone that wants to be here.

Agree that commitment to the program is incredibly important. A disgruntled coach would be pure poison. The team should be more important than any coach or recruit. CTA will succeed or not, but right now gets the final word.

38 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

The OL was bad. That's no secret. But if he actually left because the head coach made a decision that he didn't agree with, then good riddance. That's tough s**t and I'm guessing he was told as much on his way out the door. It's the 2nd time he's dipped out on IU to go to a bigger and better school.

Whether the coach in question should've been retained isn't even relevant here. That argument can go on forever and can be reasonably debated from both sides. I'll take someone that wants to be here.

But that decision directly affected his ability to do his own job (as running backs coach), so I’m not sure I agree.

2 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

But that decision directly affected his ability to do his own job (as running backs coach), so I’m not sure I agree.

One of the most productive RBs in program history ran behind a Hiller offensive line for 3 years. Last year was awful, but I'm thinking there's more to it than everyone's favorite scapegoat (who does deserve to shoulder a share of the blame no doubt).

59 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Not to mention he basically torched the IU running back room in the 1 year he was here. I am pretty salty about this one. dbag move imo

28 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

Deland isn't the only coach who has gone to CTA about Hiller, other coaches and staff members have too. It's openly talked about how bad he is. When brought up to Allen about it, he doesn't listen, he berates people that the OL is just fine & Hiller is not the problem. It's a joke. I know of at least one more coach who is listening to other schools to get away from Hiller. I think other coaches are upset that not only is Hiller paid nicely but he receives quite the bonuses each season after not carrying his weight. It pays to have your wife be best friends with the coach's wife and be church friends. 

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Deland isn't the only coach who has gone to CTA about Hiller, other coaches and staff members have too. It's openly talked about how bad he is. When brought up to Allen about it, he doesn't listen, he berates people that the OL is just fine & Hiller is not the problem. It's a joke. I know of at least one more coach who is listening to other schools to get away from Hiller. I think other coaches are upset that not only is Hiller paid nicely but he receives quite the bonuses each season after not carrying his weight. It pays to have your wife be best friends with the coach's wife and be church friends. 

Sometimes it's not what you, it's who you know.

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If any of this is true than IUFB is doomed.  

Just now, Chris007 said:

Deland is just getting out before his name is tarnished because of how bad Hiller is. 

I would assume that since his sons committed to play here, that maybe he was lead to believe that Hiller would be gone? I mean he had to of figured out how terrible Hiller was in the first half of the season!

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Deland is just getting out before his name is tarnished because of how bad Hiller is. 

I've played three years of football with coaches not liking other coaches. And open about it.  It was a mess. Like I said, if this is true it's not good for IUFB. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Unfortunately, this kind of thing is what does a lot of coaches in. You can be good at the "X's and O's" part of the game, but if you don't know how to build and manage the program, you will never get sustained growth or success. 

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

I would assume that since his sons committed to play here, that maybe he was lead to believe that Hiller would be gone? I mean he had to of figured out how terrible Hiller was in the first half of the season!

I'm led to believe that he didn't think that Sheridan would be the only person to take the fall for how bad the offense was this year. But he definitely didn't like the answer he was given when he sat down to talk to Allen about Hiller & the OL problems. I think he also noticed that Hiller didn't carry his weight this season and was surprised that it wasn't made a big deal by the head coach. Then some other things about salary and bonuses didn't sit well either. 

35 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm led to believe that he didn't think that Sheridan would be the only person to take the fall for how bad the offense was this year. But he definitely didn't like the answer he was given when he sat down to talk to Allen about Hiller & the OL problems. I think he also noticed that Hiller didn't carry his weight this season and was surprised that it wasn't made a big deal by the head coach. Then some other things about salary and bonuses didn't sit well either. 

Sounds like Allen is still trying to end his own career. 

50 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Also, I believe that Justin Frye wanted to come back to Bloomington so bad that he and his wife bought a house in Brown County last season. Instead of Hiller being fired & Frye getting the job, Frye is now at Ohio St.

Maybe Frye’s just eyeing the big job

54 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Also, I believe that Justin Frye wanted to come back to Bloomington so bad that he and his wife bought a house in Brown County last season. Instead of Hiller being fired & Frye getting the job, Frye is now at Ohio St.

Frye can be HC in a year or 2 when Allen's "loyalty" sinks him. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

This was my exact theory, along with the fact that he left KC to be an Associate HC, not some college RB coach with no authority or say in how the program is managed. Have to imagine he’s mad as hell at the way Allen managed this.