Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Oh lordy - not the sons too please.

The guy (don’t know his name) leaked Rhea and Ballou to Alabama. Is also saying his sons will follow IF he accepts the job (Got this from Rivals). However, there are other reports saying ND is going after other RB coaches. 

4 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

The guy (don’t know his name) leaked Rhea and Ballou to Alabama. Is also saying his sons will follow IF he accepts the job (Got this from Rivals). However, there are other reports saying ND is going after other RB coaches. 

Isn't Dasan already enrolled? Not saying there aren't ways around that, but that would be one heck of a pivot to be so committed that you graduate HS early and enroll in college early to get a head start on that process only to pull the plug and go elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Isn't Dasan already enrolled? Not saying there aren't ways around that, but that would be one heck of a pivot to be so committed that you graduate HS early and enroll in college early to get a head start on that process only to pull the plug and go elsewhere. 

Hopefully ND ends up hiring someone else 

I would start looking at the sons, potentially 

If he is Leaving because he did not get the OC job and was using his sons as a threat, then good riddance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, something is going on. This isn't just a job move. DM was an associate head coach and the 5th highest paid RB coach in the country. He goes to a better program with more resources, but it was a downward-ish move. 

Wonder if he feels the same way about Hiller being retained as everyone else who has been watching Indiana Football in the past 5 years?

7 hours ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Perhaps

I sometimes wonder if there are career counselors out there advising HS and college athletes who struggle to commit themselves to anything to go into coaching.  

The OL was bad. That's no secret. But if he actually left because the head coach made a decision that he didn't agree with, then good riddance. That's tough s**t and I'm guessing he was told as much on his way out the door. It's the 2nd time he's dipped out on IU to go to a bigger and better school.

Whether the coach in question should've been retained isn't even relevant here. That argument can go on forever and can be reasonably debated from both sides. I'll take someone that wants to be here.

I feel like an associate head coach has every right to make his opinion known about other coaches underneath him.  Plus his sons are still committed here.  So I won't be saying anything bad about him at this point.

Best of luck to him at Notre Dame and to Dasan here at IU