Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Minnesota Gophers defensive line coach Chad Wilt has accepted a position at Indiana with Tom Allen, sources told GopherIllustrated. Wilt had been with Minnesota the last two seasons. It's expected to be a more "prominent" position for Wilt.

Hmm...wonder if we're going the co-DC route? Interesting wording.

31 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Minnesota Gophers defensive line coach Chad Wilt has accepted a position at Indiana with Tom Allen, sources told GopherIllustrated. Wilt had been with Minnesota the last two seasons. It's expected to be a more "prominent" position for Wilt.

Good to see Minnesota fans actually disappointed to see him go unlike some of our other hires (e.g., Warren and Georgia).

https://gopherhole.com/boards/threads/wilt-to-indiana.105062/

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Looks like Wilt is on as DC.

A homecoming for him:

The native of Carlisle, Pa., was a three-time all-conference selection at Taylor University in Upland, Ind., and was a two-time NAIA All-American at defensive end and two-time academic all-conference selection.

Wilt earned his bachelor’s degree in sports management from Taylor University in 2000 and a master’s degree from Virginia in 2006.

His father Steve is a lifelong football coach and was the head coach at Wingate College (N.C.) and Taylor University (Ind.).

2 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Looks like Miller is now enrolled at South Alabama marking the third defensive player to transfer to the school this offseason rom IU w/CJ Person & DK Bonhomme.

Wommack was a HUGE fan of all 3 of those guys. All 3 should be pretty good at USA too. 

On 1/10/2022 at 9:18 AM, Chris007 said:

That's what it sounds like and I've heard he will be the LB's coach and not the DL coach

Do you have any insight on the timing of Warren leaving and Wilt being announced next day? Seems like this has been in the works for awhile.

10 hours ago, goonaha said:

Do you have any insight on the timing of Warren leaving and Wilt being announced next day? Seems like this has been in the works for awhile.

I think they were just waiting for signing day maybe. Warren was honest and upfront letting Allen know what was going on at all times so Allen could be working on his replacements. 

12 hours ago, goonaha said:

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I think they were just waiting for signing day maybe. Warren was honest and upfront letting Allen know what was going on at all times so Allen could be working on his replacements. 

I have to assume one on the challenges of being the DC at IU is that you have to be 100% aligned with Allen since he was the DC. 

Something to keep an eye on today. We currently have favorable crossovers with Northwestern, Nebraska, and Purdue as always. Judging by this tweet, I'm guessing we get Illinois to replace one of NW or NU since in 2020 Illinois was taken off the schedule. Our other crossover that year was Wisconsin, which was played. Having Illinois and NW in the same season would be pretty excellent.

6 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Something to keep an eye on today. We currently have favorable crossovers with Northwestern, Nebraska, and Purdue as always. Judging by this tweet, I'm guessing we get Illinois to replace one of NW or NU since in 2020 Illinois was taken off the schedule. Our other crossover that year was Wisconsin, which was played. Having Illinois and NW in the same season would be pretty excellent.

There's an unofficial leaked Penn State schedule floating around that has them picking up Northwestern, because God forbid we get a single break on the schedule. 

36 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If you ask me, the Big Ten should just get rid of divisions entirely and schedule 9 games. 

You mean at a time directly after a pandemic when the schedule is already in flux anyway and basically nothing is set in stone? That'd make entirely too much sense.