Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

49 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

SEC school involved so be on the lookout for cash considerations.

Eli Drinkwitz is a wizard. He parlayed 1 year at App St into the Mizzou gig. Barry Odom was loathed and fired for going 19-17 in 3 yrs. But, Eli? He’s 11-12 in 2 yrs with some truly horrendous losses and there’s  talk of an extension because they thought he might be in play at LSU. And his ‘22 recruiting class is the highest rated in the history of the school. Everyone loves the dude except, apparently,  Conor Bazelak. Amazing.

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Lol they can have him. 

Ha! I was going to stay positive and take the high road here Hov, but...ya know...if we are being honest...

I am actually really excited about this hire and the D-Line coach as well,  these are positions that I trust CTA to make good, long-term moves that will pay off in the recruiting rankings, off-field player dev, and on the field results.

1 minute ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Ha! I was going to stay positive and take the high road here Hov, but...ya know...if we are being honest...

I am actually really excited about this hire and the D-Line coach as well,  these are positions that I trust CTA to make good, long-term moves that will pay off in the recruiting rankings, off-field player dev, and on the field results.

I agree, with the caveat that I think he made a big mistake hiring Warren for a few reasons, but the biggest one is this news. The guy is a journeyman and has never lasted long anywhere. And not because he’s necessarily been climbing the coaching ladder. He just bounces from P5 to P5 and in this case took a demotion. 

This is absolutely addition by subtraction though. His ace recruiter moniker is a phony and he had none of the juice that Kane brought to the program. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a promotion here, but we’ll see. 

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

When a kid leaves Kentucky for IU do his missing teeth regenerate?

Asking for Jared Casey—he’d want to know.

I'd equate it to when someone finds a stray dog or feral cat and they have to spend some time in treatment to grow their fur back. Or ask Fleek, he's the actual dentist around here.

33 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

When a kid leaves Kentucky for IU do his missing teeth regenerate?

Asking for Jared Casey—he’d want to know.

I believe the Bloomington branch of Aspen Dental hooked up a pretty sizable NIL deal.