Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

51 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

False. There is talent in that room contrary to popular belief. 

Did they have season-ending injuries this year? Out with COVID? I'm just messing with you, I hope you are right and like your positive attitude. Hiller is a great dude, so that must go for something

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

We can only hope the freshman help or the scheme is better otherwise we can bring in Tom Brady and still suck with our OL

We learned our lesson on bringing in filthy cheaters with Kelvin Sampson.  I'm gonna roll with Connor Bazelak back there

16 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Did they have season-ending injuries this year? Out with COVID? I'm just messing with you, I hope you are right and like your positive attitude. Hiller is a great dude, so that must go for something

I think it's just as simple as the worst guys on the line last year were older players that won't be back. Jones was AWFUL all year for example. Some of the better talent on the OL will be freshman and sophomores. As those guys start to play plus Bedford is alright and I think Carpenter will be fine the OL should improve. 

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So they just didn't care to play last year? Because they sucked. They couldn't block water from going up a hill. 

I expect younger guys like Sales, Benson, and a few others plus the incoming freshman to help improve the line over guys like Jones. Not to mention Carpenter and Bedford will will be fine. The best OL talent on the roster this next year will be R-Jr's and younger. 

32 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I expect younger guys like Sales, Benson, and a few others plus the incoming freshman to help improve the line over guys like Jones. Not to mention Carpenter and Bedford will will be fine. The best OL talent on the roster this next year will be R-Jr's and younger. 

So, not Caleb Jones???

Please keep telling me "Not Caleb Jones."

I need to hear that.

Hoping this is the season Randy Holtz rounds into form if only because he's an absolute mountain of a human, but he has only played on special teams so far. I expect to see one of Khalil Benson or Josh Sales grow up and play tackle, but ideally both of them anchor the line for the foreseeable future. Carpenter and Bedford are fine inside. Need someone (or two (or three)) out of the Haggard, Katic, Weaver, Holtz group to step up. Depth is a real issue right now and isn't getting fixed this cycle unless someone unexpectedly has a big spring/summer.

23 hours ago, hoosierbgh said:

You do realize that you just did what you accuse those surrounding Bloomington of doing, right?

I wanted to thank @hoosierbgh for having a thoughtful and engaging discussion in dms to reach an understanding without judgement. The simple fact if we would open our eyes and ears to seek out understanding and be more inclusive we could make this world a far better place. Thank you again for the conversation!

18 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I wanted to thank @hoosierbgh for having a thoughtful and engaging discussion in dms to reach an understanding without judgement. The simple fact if we would open our eyes and ears to seek out understanding and be more inclusive we could make this world a far better place. Thank you again for the conversation!

Thank you as well! I too enjoyed the conversation and I would suggest we do that before every game day if it helps IU to have more games like last night!:92:

6 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Without having any visibility on the replacement - this is a big loss to the team's recruiting prowess going into a critical cycle.  Peoples played a big role in recruiting 4*'s in Florida.

Without a doubt. If there's an ace recruiter on staff not named Tom Allen, he might be it.