Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

Kentucky LB Jared Casey will be on an OV starting tomorrow as well.  Originally from Louisville (Ballard HS) with a number of great offers out of HS.  Weaver put in Crystal Ball pick for IU today so I would assume CTA & staff have a solid shot here to help sure up this opportunity area.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jared-Casey-46039346/

10 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Kentucky LB Jared Casey will be on an OV starting tomorrow as well.  Originally from Louisville (Ballard HS) with a number of great offers out of HS.  Weaver put in Crystal Ball pick for IU today so I would assume CTA & staff have a solid shot here to help sure up this opportunity area.

Rumor is he already gave a verbal commitment to IU

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

I think we've gotten 2 commits in the last 24 hours based on Twitter. The 2 LBs would be nice. Any of the visiting QBs would be welcome additions too.

I'm especially up for the Clemson or Incarnate Word QB. The Missouri guy has obviously been the most successful of the bunch, but his skill set closely mirrors Tuttle. 

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm especially up for the Clemson or Incarnate Word QB. The Missouri guy has obviously been the most successful of the bunch, but his skill set closely mirrors Tuttle. 

I think the IW kid is probably the grand prize. Regardless of how people feel about DMc or Tuttle, adding any of these transfers to the QB room will make for a really competitive 3 horse race going into spring ball with a new OC. Having that clean slate and starting from scratch (from Bell's perspective) is a pretty good spot to be in imo. It wasn't that long ago that our options were Richard Lagow and freshman Peyton Ramsey at the same point lol.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

No idea if the Incarnate Word kid is any good, but his video is 10 kinds of fun to watch. In lieu of IUFB being good, I’m ok with being entertaining.

13 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Looks like he had a few decent offers but I would expect more than 13 offers for a 4-star.  The better ones consist of Cincy Wiscy and Oregon.

Is he a headcase? Bad student?  Late bloomer perhaps?  

Certainly not poo-pooing on the guy, just that the offer list and the ranking don’t jive, unless I’m miss-reading. 

27 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Beyond QB's and LB's do we have any other position groups visiting this week? Asking for...no particular reason...

image.png.9617d2aa5e9b29dd381fa232824bf8e7.png

The OL room is full so you're beating a dead horse.

51 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Beyond QB's and LB's do we have any other position groups visiting this week? Asking for...no particular reason...

image.png.9617d2aa5e9b29dd381fa232824bf8e7.png

We can only hope the freshman help or the scheme is better otherwise we can bring in Tom Brady and still suck with our OL