Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

On 12/23/2021 at 11:00 PM, Uspshoosier said:

the basketball team has found new ways to miss the tourney in the last 5 years it’s almost laughable from a bracketology standpoint if I wasn’t invested in IU basketball 

The ways may seem different to some, but they all really have a common denominator to me.

Merry Christmas...Archie is gone!!!

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

The ways may seem different to some, but they all really have a common denominator to me.

Merry Christmas...Archie is gone!!!

Merry Christmas. Archie had nothing to do with Crean beating 2 eventual 1 seeds in the non conference and finding away to miss the tournament. No team in the history had ever beaten 2 1 seeds in the non conference what alone missing out.  Archie definitely had a role to play in losing 12 of 13 games for a team that was comfortably in the tournament and still somehow managed to be one of the first 4 teams left out.     Couple games here and there over the last couple years combined with no pandemic  could of brought you coal for Christmas and Archie still being here.   Fascinating for me to look back at the margins between winning and losing 

16 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Reese Taylor to Purdue. Barf and see ya later. (Still a big loss!)

Sorta wonder if something happened to really piss him off. He's from Indiana. He chose IU -- presumably over Purdue, among others (I don't remember for sure) -- and played four years with us, so he knows IU doesn't like PU and vice versa. 

I understand wanting to make a move -- it might be time for a change or he just wanted to try something different. But he didn't pick a place like Central Florida or Tennessee or North Carolina. He picked the Toiletmakers! That's like walking out of football office the final time and flipping the double bird to everyone he sees on the way out.  

Also, one story I read said he has two years of eligibility remaining. He played four seasons at IU and will get an extra year due to COVID. Where's the sixth year come in? He played in seven games this past season -- he can't get a redshirt out of that, can he? 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Merry Christmas. Archie had nothing to do with Crean beating 2 eventual 1 seeds in the non conference and finding away to miss the tournament. No team in the history had ever beaten 2 1 seeds in the non conference what alone missing out.  Archie definitely had a role to play in losing 12 of 13 games for a team that was comfortably in the tournament and still somehow managed to be one of the first 4 teams left out.     Couple games here and there over the last couple years combined with no pandemic  could of brought you coal for Christmas and Archie still being here.   Fascinating for me to look back at the margins between winning and losing 

I'm sure that's all true if you want to use analytics.  But my source tells me that Archie was cheering for IU to win during that last Crean year and that's all it takes to get his curse to rub off on us.  Now he's angry at IU, cheering against us, and we're 10-2.  The curse is broken baby

29 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Sorta wonder if something happened to really piss him off. He's from Indiana. He chose IU -- presumably over Purdue, among others (I don't remember for sure) -- and played four years with us, so he knows IU doesn't like PU and vice versa. 

I understand wanting to make a move -- it might be time for a change or he just wanted to try something different. But he didn't pick a place like Central Florida or Tennessee or North Carolina. He picked the Toiletmakers! That's like walking out of football office the final time and flipping the double bird to everyone he sees on the way out.  

Also, one story I read said he has two years of eligibility remaining. He played four seasons at IU and will get an extra year due to COVID. Where's the sixth year come in? He played in seven games this past season -- he can't get a redshirt out of that, can he? 

I wouldn't underscore the role that Hagen plays on the Purdue staff when it comes to some of the recent movement from IU to Purdue.  He was (1) at IU from '16-'20 and knows the player & their families and (2) has evergreen connections in the Indy area.    

38 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I wonder the same thing. I don’t think kids look at the IU/Purdue thing the same as we do though. They have friends that play there and it’s also just an hour from home for 317 kids, etc. But he did seem quick to jump ship. 

The 247 transfer portal has him with just 1 year of eligibility, I’m guessing what you read was just inaccurate. 

1 hour ago, MemphisHoosier said:

I wouldn't underscore the role that Hagen plays on the Purdue staff when it comes to some of the recent movement from IU to Purdue.  He was (1) at IU from '16-'20 and knows the player & their families and (2) has evergreen connections in the Indy area.    

Just another turncoat!

On 12/24/2021 at 9:13 PM, MemphisHoosier said:

image.thumb.png.1aee40ccbb5da3729b2d6e0da2a1d52f.png

IUFB made Myles Jackson's Top 4.  He is the LB/Edge transfer from UCLA, 4 years of eligibility left I believe.  Being from Georgia, I assume there is a Warren connection here.

https://247sports.com/player/myles-jackson-46056600/

https://uclabruins.com/sports/football/roster/myles-jackson/10016

Jackson is visiting IU on 1/5, and has Jackson St. scheduled for 1/3 as well.

I haven't heard of any additional portal visits locked in for the new year beyond Jackson's at this point - in addition to the staff's 'slew of QB's comment.

On 12/26/2021 at 5:23 PM, brumdog45 said:

That was my point. :)

In a year where they were allowing free transfers, Sampson James was denied immediate eligibility by the NCAA because of how late he transferred, I believe.

My point is, you can't really judge James' success until he actually steps on the field. 

Story from TheDailyHoosier on possible QB prospects for next season.  Most in the portal but 4 names mentioned are HS seniors.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/a-look-at-possible-iu-football-quarterback-targets-for-the-2022-roster/?fbclid=IwAR0OCJHTa33Tv-Y8CBq6w-dA9Diqld7UK1oZAio2Wpzxq3n-VNqkpHw2IVk