Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

Hahaha absolutely shocked by the responses

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

“They” outed themselves in short order. Will the “squad” all respond to this posting too?

I’m ready for more basketball, that’s for sure. And football for that matter.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

What position does this guy Positive Groupthink play? Hopefully QB? 

Do we need a QB? I think we think we’ll be able to snag a good to great one after teams who went bowling have their QB leave for a team coming off a 2-10 season and questionable hire at OC?

If we do land Positive Groupthink I hope he wears a different number than 13!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Do we need a QB? I think we think we’ll be able to snag a good to great one after teams who went bowling have their QB leave for a team coming off a 2-10 season and questionable hire at OC?

If we do land Positive Groupthink I hope he wears a different number than 13!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

“I think we think we’ll be able to land a good to great one” is probably true, but Allen and Bell thinking it is not the same as it happening.

And if we don’t that’s a bad situation given what we saw last year.

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I don't care how big this QB Positive Groupthink is.  Unless we bring in some offensive linemen by the name Block Somebody, he's going to get crushed.

Tested Positive for Concussion Groupthink

Grown men on a free message board going back and forth over nothing has to be some lost episode of Seinfield I haven’t seen yet.  Little silly don’t you think? For whatever  part I’ve played in this pointless back and forth im sorry.  It’s been said for 10 + years but winning cures all.   This fan base needs a winning season probably more then any other fan base has needed one.   Indiana teams have been finding new gut wrenching ways to devastate its fans.  I can’t speak much on the football side of things but the basketball team has found new ways to miss the tourney in the last 5 years it’s almost laughable from a bracketology standpoint if I wasn’t invested in IU basketball 

Happy Holidays and as a BT Banners community let’s do better myself included 

4 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

There is a difference between playing devil's advocate and playing the devil himself.

I don’t have much of an opinion on this debate, but that’s a pretty good line.

Although now I think about it, why does the devil have to be a man? It’s 2021!

Being positive in life makes for a happier and healthy life.  I couldn't stand being so negative all the time because life is to short.  When I was younger I let the outcome of sporting events effect me in a negative way.  When I had kids and me getting upset during games effected them I knew it was the to change.

15 hours ago, HoosierX said:

I don’t have much of an opinion on this debate, but that’s a pretty good line.

Although now I think about it, why does the devil have to be a man? It’s 2021!

The devil, most likely, is not a man.  Just my two cents.

21 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

That……..sounds a lot like Jack Tuttle. Like, pretty much exactly like Jack Tuttle. 

I'd put in the category of mentally tougher than Tuttle.  Tuttle transferred to us from Utah because he basically didn't win the starting job as a true freshman.  While both might throw too many picks, I think Tuttle too often throws them to try to avoid hits while Bazelak is throwing them trying to make an ill advised play.

20 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I'd put in the category of mentally tougher than Tuttle.  Tuttle transferred to us from Utah because he basically didn't win the starting job as a true freshman.  While both might throw too many picks, I think Tuttle too often throws them to try to avoid hits while Bazelak is throwing them trying to make an ill advised play.

There was quite a bit more to Tuttle transferring than him not winning the starting job, from what I’ve been told. He also got beat to hell in the Outback Bowl last year and played through a separated throwing shoulder. He’s tough as nails and his teammates think the world of him for it. 

Doesn’t really matter I guess, but I’m a big fan of Tuttle even though he hasn’t played up to his rankings. (Seems like that’s a popular conversation around here these days)

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

There was quite a bit more to Tuttle transferring than him not winning the starting job, from what I’ve been told. He also got beat to hell in the Outback Bowl last year and played through a separated throwing shoulder. He’s tough as nails and his teammates think the world of him for it. 

Doesn’t really matter I guess, but I’m a big fan of Tuttle even though he hasn’t played up to his rankings. (Seems like that’s a popular conversation around here these days)

Should be noted that we’ve still only seen Jack Tuttle in:

1.) His very first collegiate start 

2.) the bowl game where he played half the game with a separated throwing shoulder and after minimal bowl prep due to covid shut down

3.) playing behind an O-line that exactly zero QBs would look great behind

Im not making a statement for or against the guy (though I can’t wait to see how many people take this as me advocating that he’s the answer at QB). Just saying it’s worth noting the circumstances he’s played in.

image.thumb.png.1aee40ccbb5da3729b2d6e0da2a1d52f.png

IUFB made Myles Jackson's Top 4.  He is the LB/Edge transfer from UCLA, 4 years of eligibility left I believe.  Being from Georgia, I assume there is a Warren connection here.

https://247sports.com/player/myles-jackson-46056600/

https://uclabruins.com/sports/football/roster/myles-jackson/10016