Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

37 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Missouri starting quarterback Connor Bazelak enters the portal.  Was a redshirt sophomore.  SEC Co-freshman of the year in 2020.  Completed 65% of his passes last year for 2548 yards, 16 TD, 11 INT.  Has okay numbers but in context of him playing against superior SEC teams, not bad.

Won the Ohio Division III State Championship as a junior at Kettering Archbishop Alter HS.  Perhaps Peyton Ramsey 2.0 with better arm strength??  Tore his ACL during his freshman year at Mizzou.

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

Missouri starting quarterback Connor Bazelak enters the portal.  Was a redshirt sophomore.  SEC Co-freshman of the year in 2020.  Completed 65% of his passes last year for 2548 yards, 16 TD, 11 INT.  Has okay numbers but in context of him playing against superior SEC teams, not bad.

Held an offer from us coming out. I *think* that was Sheridan’s area, so I’m not sure if he was in contact with anyone currently on staff. 

2 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Wouldn’t pretend to be able to judge QB’s, but I’ve watched a lot of Mizzou football. 2 things about Bazelak: 1) He’s clearly a leader and he’s highly competitive. The team really seemed to love the kid. 2) He doesn’t appear to have great pocket instincts and he refuses to give up on plays. So, he takes A TON of hits. He’s been beaten half to death. 

28 minutes ago, Demo said:

Wouldn’t pretend to be able to judge QB’s, but I’ve watched a lot of Mizzou football. 2 things about Bazelak: 1) He’s clearly a leader and he’s highly competitive. The team really seemed to love the kid. 2) He doesn’t appear to have great pocket instincts and he refuses to give up on plays. So, he takes A TON of hits. He’s been beaten half to death. 

That……..sounds a lot like Jack Tuttle. Like, pretty much exactly like Jack Tuttle. 

2 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Think I'll just wait on Scot to inform me whether this would be an acceptable offer or not

19 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

That……..sounds a lot like Jack Tuttle. Like, pretty much exactly like Jack Tuttle. 

Yeah, a better version of Tuttle is probably a fair comp. And I do think he’s better. He’s got a pretty aggressive mindset and he’s willing to push the ball downfield, maybe more than Drinkwitz wanted him to sometimes. 

That's the BTB spirit! If we don't agree... pile on!

Go find another home, we don't like your dissenting opinion and the way you dismiss us so we're going to pile on until you're gone!!

Unfortunately true. They want positivity and love groupthink. The thick skinned will stick around.

Sunshine pump until the sunshine runs out, then start over again the next season. I guess it’s nice to see the optimism on the board when the product on the field/court disappoints.

Lowered expectations is the key to fandom happiness but also the key to sinking a program. IUBB in particular has been teetering on this beam for a while now. A winner will bring back the masses. I’m looking for signs. IUFB is whatevs. I enjoy it, but having real expectations is kinda silly to me. We’ve been one of the historically worst programs in the nation. We have a huge hill to climb.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Unfortunately true. They want positivity and love groupthink. 

No, we want rational thought.  Negative for the sake of being negative -- like the poster in question is being and then saying how he is 'being constructive' is met with the vitriol it deserves.

2 hours ago, rayl456 said:

Won the Ohio Division III State Championship as a junior at Kettering Archbishop Alter HS.  Perhaps Peyton Ramsey 2.0 with better arm strength??  Tore his ACL during his freshman year at Mizzou.

Don't know if Ramsey would be a good comparison.  He isn't beating anybody with his legs.  Definitely has a good arm, though.

Here's a hail mary he threw -- went 60 yards in the air and didn't look like a struggle for him to throw it.

https://twitter.com/SECNetwork/status/1454551216969719814?s=20

No, we want rational thought.  Negative for the sake of being negative -- like the poster in question is being and then saying how he is 'being constructive' is met with the vitriol it deserves.

Ok. But, Non rational positive thought gets praised. Admittedly, judging any walk on is silly. My comments are broad spectrum based on years of experience. And what’s wrong with negativity? Fuels debate. Creates conversation. The crazy ones should be ignored instead of “vitrioled”. Probably a more effective strategy.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Ok. But, Non rational positive thought gets praised. Admittedly, judging any walk on is silly. My comments are broad spectrum based on years of experience. And what’s wrong with negativity? Fuels debate. Creates conversation. The crazy ones should be ignored instead of “vitrioled”. Probably a more effective strategy.

"Non rational positive thought" getting 'praised' I would say as a generalization is false.  

Nothing is wrong with an argument that is viewed by others to be negative -- everyone knows on here my opinion on Lander's play by now.  I said being 'negative for the sake of being negative'.  There is a difference between playing devil's advocate and playing the devil himself.

16 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Don't know if Ramsey would be a good comparison.  He isn't beating anybody with his legs.  Definitely has a good arm, though.

Here's a hail mary he threw -- went 60 yards in the air and didn't look like a struggle for him to throw it.

https://twitter.com/SECNetwork/status/1454551216969719814?s=20

Yeah, I agree.  I read later that he tends to stay in the pocket and take hits.  He does seem to throw the ball pretty easily.  He played in the small school division of the GCL ( Greater Catholic League), while Ramsey played in the big school division.  Kettering Archbishop Alter has strong athletics like most of the Catholic schools in SW Ohio.

26 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

4B6E12C0-6498-447F-B789-90E0D2677866.jpeg

51 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Unfortunately true. They want positivity and love groupthink. The thick skinned will stick around.

If I can’t make fun of a dude on here borderline trolling by whining about a PWO QB being a 2-star, then maybe the internet isn’t for me. 

56 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Sunshine pump until the sunshine runs out, then start over again the next season. I guess it’s nice to see the optimism on the board when the product on the field/court disappoints.

Lowered expectations is the key to fandom happiness but also the key to sinking a program. IUBB in particular has been teetering on this beam for a while now. A winner will bring back the masses. I’m looking for signs. IUFB is whatevs. I enjoy it, but having real expectations is kinda silly to me. We’ve been one of the historically worst programs in the nation. We have a huge hill to climb.

Who’s they? 

57 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

My wife has criticized me for about 30 years for being negative about things. So maybe I try a little harder here not to be that guy because of her. I don't mind the criticism as long as it doesn't get nasty toward the kids. I would have loved to see what a message board would have said about the '76 team. Probably would have similar to we see now.

17 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Hahaha absolutely shocked by the responses

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

From “they?”

As Uspshoosier said, who are they? These irrational optimists must be crushed into dust!

;)