Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

26 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

I understand it was a necessity in order to get a guaranteed victory while adhering to both the FBS requirement of only having one FCS opponent per season but also that we have 9 conference games, further stretching thin our chances to get wins, but the idea of having to go to a Group of Five school and play them makes us look bad to our peers.

Yes, we do have the most losses in FBS history, and a rather pitiful history in football overall, so it's not like we have anything to brag about, but still.

Meh. There is hundreds of other things to worry about.  

5 hours ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

I understand it was a necessity in order to get a guaranteed victory while adhering to both the FBS requirement of only having one FCS opponent per season but also that we have 9 conference games, further stretching thin our chances to get wins, but the idea of having to go to a Group of Five school and play them makes us look bad to our peers.

Yes, we do have the most losses in FBS history, and a rather pitiful history in football overall, so it's not like we have anything to brag about, but still.

You serious Clark?

9 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Another QB off the board. 

I know of a guy who scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds. Maybe he still has some eligibility left?

Just now, Naturalhoosier said:

I know of a guy who scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds. Maybe he still has some eligibility left?

How well do you know him? You guys seem close. 

Too bad Allen's superior defensive recruiting influence doesn't carry over to offensive QB's.  The top 8 have gone elsewhere.  Have to believe what's happened ever since the Bell announcement hasn't helped.  By the way, saw a stat that completion %'s under Bell as a HC and OC is below the accepted minimal standard of 60%,...56.4%.  It's too bad that at least one of "the boxes" that wasn't checked, is recruiting guys looking for somewhere else to play.

LB James Miller is in the portal. Was a decent depth piece during his time and pretty solid special teamer. Not a ton of depth in that room right now and things are looking pretty bleak if Cam Jones hits the road.

5 hours ago, Scot said:

Too bad Allen's superior defensive recruiting influence doesn't carry over to offensive QB's.  The top 8 have gone elsewhere.  Have to believe what's happened ever since the Bell announcement hasn't helped.  By the way, saw a stat that completion %'s under Bell as a HC and OC is below the accepted minimal standard of 60%,...56.4%.  It's too bad that at least one of "the boxes" that wasn't checked, is recruiting guys looking for somewhere else to play.

Donaven McCulley was the 100th rated overall player on Rivals. Consensus 4 star. Same with Tuttle. Penix was a 4 star on a service or two. 

Are there defensive QBs? 

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Donaven McCulley was the 100th rated overall player on Rivals. Consensus 4 star. Same with Tuttle. Penix was a 4 star on a service or two. 

Are there defensive QBs? 

That's cute, but not relevant in THIS cycle. He also had Josh Hoover flip. CTA made it clear that getting a top HS AND a portal QB was his primary focus in the immediate days ahead.  The FACT is anyone worth getting is already gone.  I put some of this on Bell.  Prospects look at what's out there and didn't like what they saw.  IU might get a 'body' or two but it'll be practice squad fodder, and you know it.

13 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

And they won the ACC

I heard on the Harris Highlights Youtube channel (which has a lot of good videos on guys in the portal and elsewhere in CFB) that Slovis' girlfriend is at Pitt so I'm not surprised to hear this.  Between that and Pickett throwing for 42 TD's and 4,300 + yds in that offense this year that was probably a pretty attractive destination for him.