Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

32 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well.. thats what everyone wanted week 3 of this year lol 

Probably what we’re getting unless a transfer comes in. I guess it depends on what Bell runs, which I admittedly have no idea about, but yeah “as it stands now” Tuttle would be my guess. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Well.. thats what everyone wanted week 3 of this year lol 

Everyone wants the guy on the bench when things aren't going well....until he actually plays and they see why he was on the bench. Kind of like Lander on the basketball team.

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Everyone wants the guy on the bench when things aren't going well....until he actually plays and they see why he was on the bench. Kind of like Lander on the basketball team.

I agree completely. 

17 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Yeah....and usually it's not so much that you want to see the backup and you want to see the starter benched.  I have to say I was on board with Penix getting benched, but after he was injured I saw why they never made the move to Tuttle.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Do we still have a chance with Incarnate Word guy?

I believe that Ole Miss has also shown interest, besides us.  He took an official visit recently, so don't get your hopes up.  Read that IU did offer him, as did Ole Miss, Florida and others.  He's a hot item in the world of portalmania.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It's been said that we're going to bring in some QB portal guys after Christmas for official visits, so we'll have to see who's on that list. 

Rico’s link above makes me think there’s real potential Ward may visit.

If Kiffin wants him? Thinking that’s a good enough endorsement for me.

18 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Home and home scheduled with UVA for 2027 and 2028. I enjoyed our last series with them much more than a home and home with a friggin' C-USA school.

Definitely agree with you that it's better than another C-USA or other mid-level G5 team, but if I recall correctly this will be our third home and home with Virginia since 2009 and between 2011-2020 we played Virginia more times than two teams from our own conference (Minny, Nebraska).  I was kind of hoping for a different ACC, Big 12, etc team to match up with.

On 12/19/2021 at 8:25 PM, brumdog45 said:

Yeah....and usually it's not so much that you want to see the backup and you want to see the starter benched.  I have to say I was on board with Penix getting benched, but after he was injured I saw why they never made the move to Tuttle.

Tuttle would fit in perfect at a place with a perfect system like Wilson used to have that has a lot of really quick slants and screens. Or at a place like Alabama... Where everyone on your side is better than everyone on the other side. 

28 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Tuttle would fit in perfect at a place with a perfect system like Wilson used to have that has a lot of really quick slants and screens. Or at a place like Alabama... Where everyone on your side is better than everyone on the other side. 

Ummm...Tuttle quick slant=pick six

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

How do you categorize that as cheap? 

I understand it was a necessity in order to get a guaranteed victory while adhering to both the FBS requirement of only having one FCS opponent per season but also that we have 9 conference games, further stretching thin our chances to get wins, but the idea of having to go to a Group of Five school and play them makes us look bad to our peers.

Yes, we do have the most losses in FBS history, and a rather pitiful history in football overall, so it's not like we have anything to brag about, but still.

Just now, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

I understand it was a necessity in order to get a guaranteed victory while adhering to both the FBS requirement of only having one FCS opponent per season but also that we have 9 conference games, further stretching thin our chances to get wins (when you're trapped in the Big Ten East, wins are hard to come by), but the idea of having to go to a Group of Five school and play them makes us look bad to our peers.

Yes, we do have the most losses in FBS history, and a rather pitiful history in football overall, so it's not like we have anything to brag about, but still.