Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

10 hours ago, HoosierX said:

I know we need some depth at RB but hard to get too excited over a guy who appeared to be 4th on UNC's depth chart last year.

Yep, I wish him the best and hope he works out for us but 209 rushing yards total in 3 years, with 98 of those in a single game vs Mercer, isn’t exactly an inspirational resume. We will see.

8 hours ago, DChoosier said:

Yep, I wish him the best and hope he works out for us but 209 rushing yards total in 3 years, with 98 of those in a single game vs Mercer, isn’t exactly an inspirational resume. We will see.

I'm going to trust CDM with his evaluation when it comes to the RB position. The guy has a pretty good track record. 

18 hours ago, HoosierX said:

I know we need some depth at RB but hard to get too excited over a guy who appeared to be 4th on UNC's depth chart last year.

Maybe, but he's been stuck behind some pretty good backs in the past.  2020 they had two different running backs run for 1,000, both playing on Sundays now at a high level (Michael Carter and Javonte Williams).  This past year they brought in a Tennessee transfer who had over 400 carries in his time at UT and put up 1,000 yards this year for North Carolina.  North Carolina has a pretty good track record with running backs.

When I look at what we put out there last year -- which by the end of the year was walk ons -- you have to take what you can get.

34 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Davion Ervin-Poindexter has entered the transfer portal

Wish him well.  As a walk on he had a long road here and with the injuries he showed a little bit last year.....probably enough that he can look to go to a MAC level team and get significant playing time and compete for the starting spot.

15 hours ago, iubb said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Committed to Tennessee last April, decommitted in November.  Ranked #502 in the 2022 class, which would put him as the 6th best recruit in IU's 2022 class.  The defensive line group coming in is really good....Dasan McCullough is the #58 overall and #5 defensive end in the 2022 class while Sneed and Richard Thomas (517) round the DL out.

19 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

DEP makes what four transfers from the RB room over the last six, seven months?  I am sure every situation is different, but damn - that’s a ton of turn over.

McCullough and Hart have very different taste. That room was not ready for the departure of Stevie either.