Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan22

Will Indiana be ranked tomorrow?

4 hours ago, Rico said:

I haven't forgot...I have been hiding under a rock for the last few years just waiting to get some respectability back.  I just came out when Woody got hired...and I am hungry.

What you guys don’t know is Rico means this literally — he just came back out from under a rock

:)

6 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I’m not an AP poll guy but I can see why they dropped without losing this week.  3 teams absolutely had to leapfrog them this week seton hall, Zona and Byu and you could make the case that Xavier should of also by beating the Buckeyes. 

North Carolina lost 2 but both were to the new APs top 15 so probably not enough to drop them below IU 

ohio st lost to Xavier on the road which which is this weeks 25.  Probably not enough to drop them before IU 

Oregon lost to BYU which is this weeks 18 team so probably not enough to drop them below IU 

Virginia Tech was ahead of them before the week and didn’t lose so they couldn’t drop them below IU.  

Note on UNC.....it's not that they lost two games.  That second loss was by 17 points and looked worse.....UNC shot 22 free throws to Tennessee's 5.

In terms of Va Tech being ahead of IU so they didn't lose so they couldn't drop them below IU......the same could be said for IU in comparison to Seton Hall, Zona, and BYU.  I get that Seton Hall, Zona, and BYU had wins over good competition, but Va Tech's wins were over St Francis and Merrimack.  Surely IU's win over St. John's falls in the good competition category.

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

KenPom:

IU #31 overall;  #65 offense, #9 defense

Tarvik:

IU #14 overall;  #66 offense, #3 defense

Sagarin:

IU  #27 overall

Now just keep building on it - offensive improvement, hitting from outside, spacing, spread the shots around, more Bates, more assists 

Will be interesting to see our approach tomorrow— M gets out and runs, fast pace, high possessions, slow them down and they lose 

14 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Think about this ... 

When the rankings come out tomorrow, either Duke or the Toiletmakers will be No. 1. 

That's like having to choose between Al Qaeda and ISIS.

Al Queda and Isis are deeply insulted by the comparison

:)

I  don't know why IU would be ranked. We haven't beaten anybody yet. TJD's 43 points probably grabbed the attention of some. But one player's performance isn't enough to justify leap frogging over teams ahead of us. When we start beating better teams we will move up.