Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan22

Will Indiana be ranked tomorrow?

I’m not an AP poll guy but I can see why they dropped without losing this week.  3 teams absolutely had to leapfrog them this week seton hall, Zona and Byu and you could make the case that Xavier should of also by beating the Buckeyes. 

North Carolina lost 2 but both were to the new APs top 15 so probably not enough to drop them below IU 

ohio st lost to Xavier on the road which which is this weeks 25.  Probably not enough to drop them before IU 

Oregon lost to BYU which is this weeks 18 team so probably not enough to drop them below IU 

Virginia Tech was ahead of them before the week and didn’t lose so they couldn’t drop them below IU.  

• After this week we should very likely be 6-0. That'll likely do it, regardless of strength of schedule.

• The week after that if (and it's a notable 'if') we beat Syracuse on the road, and then take care of business at home against Nebraska, we would be 8-0. That would very likely be top 20.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

• After this week we should very likely be 6-0. That'll likely do it, regardless of strength of schedule.

• The week after that if (and it's a notable 'if') we beat Syracuse on the road, and then take care of business at home against Nebraska, we would be 8-0. That would very likely be top 20.

After what seems like a 100 years of bad basketball in Bloomington I don't know how I will react seeing a number by our name.  Just sayin'

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Or maybe we'll drop to #35 lol

28 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Just keep winning. @Syracuse is going to be tough. I’m not counting on it.

Which is why I wanted it this week.... in recent years we have been good enough to get votes, get close, and then lose a game and drop back down...

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

I’m not an AP poll guy but I can see why they dropped without losing this week.  3 teams absolutely had to leapfrog them this week seton hall, Zona and Byu and you could make the case that Xavier should of also by beating the Buckeyes. 

North Carolina lost 2 but both were to the new APs top 15 so probably not enough to drop them below IU 

ohio st lost to Xavier on the road which which is this weeks 25.  Probably not enough to drop them before IU 

Oregon lost to BYU which is this weeks 18 team so probably not enough to drop them below IU 

Virginia Tech was ahead of them before the week and didn’t lose so they couldn’t drop them below IU.  

I am definitely an AP Poll guy... it would give us clout... especially with little brother receiving #1 vote(s) currently... I get all your reasoning... and I guess it makes sense but our win over St Johns should have made some impression... St Johns was previously getting votes, it wasn't just 2 cupcakes we beat this week.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I am not so sure... this week is 2 cupcakes, 6-0 is not going to be abnormal for any team ranked ahead of us currently, and not likely many of them lose as they are most likely playing some cupcakes too....

And then like I said above comes Syracuse, who we should dismantle... but if we don't we are falling right back down the respect ladder.

I am not so sure... this week is 2 cupcakes, 6-0 is not going to be abnormal for any team ranked ahead of us currently, and not likely many of them lose as they are most likely playing some cupcakes too....
And then like I said above comes Syracuse, who we should dismantle... but if we don't we are falling right back down the respect ladder.

Yep, I think we lose at @syracuse and it’s all for not anyway. Although, the Zeller team that won at NC State, that was the game that made me and others believers. Winning @Syracuse could be similar for this team. Big game.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, Rico said:

So you are saying Colgate is better than us?  lol

Probably not but having your first road game be at the carrier dome will be a challenge.  Place wasn’t packed for a game against Colgate but with IU in town there will be over 20,000 people in the building.  Colgate also hit 18 threes.   IU isn’t hitting 18 threes.   Cuse should be favored in this game 

1 hour ago, Rico said:

After what seems like a 100 years of bad basketball in Bloomington I don't know how I will react seeing a number by our name.  Just sayin'

Since January 2017 they've been ranked for only 6 weeks...wow. Forgot how bad it's been. In all honesty I'm not upset they aren't ranked. I love the underdog mentality. 

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Probably not but having your first road game be at the carrier dome will be a challenge.  Place wasn’t packed for a game against Colgate but with IU in town there will be over 20,000 people in the building.  Colgate also hit 18 threes.   IU isn’t hitting 18 threes.   Cuse should be favored in this game 

I get all that.  I was just poking a little fun.

6 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Since January 2017 they've been ranked for only 6 weeks...wow. Forgot how bad it's been. In all honesty I'm not upset they aren't ranked. I love the underdog mentality. 

I haven't forgot...I have been hiding under a rock for the last few years just waiting to get some respectability back.  I just came out when Woody got hired...and I am hungry.

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yep, I think we lose at @syracuse and it’s all for not anyway. Although, the Zeller team that won at NC State, that was the game that made me and others believers. Winning @Syracuse could be similar for this team. Big game.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I like the analogy back to that NC St game, I remember that well. That was a legit turning point.