Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan22

Will Indiana be ranked tomorrow?

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

Will be close.  Maryland, Ohio State, North Carolina should all fall from the ranked.  Virginia Tech, Indiana, Xavier, and Seton Hall will be teams considered entering.

Byu should be ranked as well

I think the pollsters will be impressed by the score. A big reason why Archie Miller's teams couldn't get ranked was because of how bad they usually looked. This game would have been more like 62-50 if he was still coaching here. 

Personally, I don't care. I know a bunch of you guys do and that's fine.

But for me, respect comes from your play, not your "rank". (esp from the media) You play a team, not their ranking. 

I just want us to win, win, win.

Should be mentioned.....

After the Big East killed the Big Ten in the Gavitt games:

Villanova lost to Purdue

Marquette lost at home by 16 to St. Bonaventure

Creighton lost by 14 on a neutral court to Colorado State

While those losses are all to decent or better teams, I think we are going to see a lot of up and down for conferences this year.  I think the transfer portal has really evened things up.

2 hours ago, DWB said:

Personally, I don't care. I know a bunch of you guys do and that's fine.

But for me, respect comes from your play, not your "rank". (esp from the media) You play a team, not their ranking. 

I just want us to win, win, win.

We all most likely realize as you do that ranking is secondary to winning.  Especially early in seasons.  Especially if it is not the metric used by the NCAAT selection committee.

Having said all that, it is something that we fans can complain about or brag about.  It is an easy handle to discuss and easily compare in an acknowledged not to deep way.  Much easier than saying this team beat that team on day one by a few points and comparing that and a myriad of other parameters to a bunch of teams over time.  

Back to the point...IU will get ranked if they keep winning; do better in the 2nd half; keep control of turnovers (under 15 or so); and shoot well; assuming defense is excellent; keep healthy; beat tougher competition.

We should be Ranked... but I won't hold my breath..... we were 27 got 2 wins and got leapfrogged.... stayed at 27

Now another week of being 27th with 2 more wins (1 against 41st … not great but they had votes at least)...

Who is going to leap us this week (BYU maybe...) IU has no respect and I for 1 believe it is important to earn that on the court and then get our due in the media/rankings.... people look at it, people see it scroll the bottom of the tv, recruits, media, hype, it all matters.