Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Louisiana - 11/21/21 @ 7:30 on BTN

9 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Man i’ve been saying this since the beginning of last season. He wasn’t physically ready for dI ball and got thrown to the crap of Cam’s offense, but the kid was a top ranked pg for good reason 

He played well and with more playing time, the TO’s will come down 

8 hours ago, mamasa said:

Just looked at stats- Louisiana played 15 players! At one point, there was a Calipari platoon style 5 player substitution. 

Honestly I didn't see much of a drop off between their first string and their third lol.  How did that team have 3 wins??

9 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Went back and watched the Lander to Leal pass. Just an awesome pass and awesome hustle from Leal. Lander passes the ball before he reaches half court, and Leal is three feet past half court. He catches it in stride and hits the layup without taking a dribble. ACBDCC18-4834-4CA6-8AFA-A67893587529.thumb.png.d67153643c4e7bb307844c45dace7369.png

When I was watching the game, I never saw that play developing and when it did, wow what just happen.  Leal sprinting and Lander reading him and making a perfect pass.  Just great execution.  You can tell those two have played a lot of bball together 

I know we gave up a lot of offensive rebounds but we still out rebounded them

Out rebounding Louisiana isn’t my concern. Starting to show a pattern we’re weak on the glass is my concern. It’s the little things that we need to fix in order to get where we want.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

IU Artifacts @IUArtifacts

Coach @MikeWoodsonNBA tonight became only the 6th coach in #iubb history to start 4-0 in their first season in Bloomington:

• Bob Knight, 1971-72
  • Branch McCracken, 1938-39
  • George Lewis, 1920-21
  • Dana Evans, 1917-18
  • Guy Lowman, 1916-17

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Coach @MikeWoodsonNBA tonight became only the 6th coach in #iubb history to start 4-0 in their first season in Bloomington:

• Bob Knight, 1971-72
  • George Lewis, 1920-21
  • Dana Evans, 1917-18
  • Guy Lowman, 1916-17

Dane Evans' 17-18 team ended their season with a 13-11 loss at Iowa.

Couldn't hit the three ball, no doubt.

34 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

• Bob Knight, 1971-72
  • George Lewis, 1920-21
  • Dana Evans, 1917-18
  • Guy Lowman, 1916-17

That is some good company. 

2 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

He played well and with more playing time, the TO’s will come down 

Not worried about his offense at all. He’s done a nice job the last 2 games against defensive schemes that he hasn’t seen a bunch. He was patient. He got’em into offense. He made mostly solid reads. And he’s a jet in the open floor. But he’s only gonna play as much as his D let’s him. Didn’t matter yesterday, but he was bad against St John’s. I’d bet my house these 2 things were in the scouting report: 1) Smith is super right hand dominant and you have to shade it or he’s gonna get downhill hard, and, 2) Pinzon is a catch and shoot guy and you don’t drop him. Smith had whatever he wanted against Lander and he flat dropped Pinzon twice, one resulted in that late 3 from the left wing. Man, his discipline has got to get better. And it will, no doubt. But, for me he’s still a niche player, though his talent dictates you have to find him developmental minutes. 

12 hours ago, FightFor6 said:

Super hot take...

Indiana will be 18-0 heading into a January 20th match-up in Assembly Hall with #1 Purdue.

I was telling my buddy this. Very real possibility that we are undefeated or sitting at 1 loss when Purdue comes to town. I bought some really good seats for this game. My first IU PU game. 

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

I was telling my buddy this. Very real possibility that we are undefeated or sitting at 1 loss when Purdue comes to town. I bought some really good seats for this game. My first IU PU game. 

I love the optimism and really like this team. It's nowhere near its ceiling and has lots of room to grow. And, this year, I think it will. But, I'm not ready to go that far yet.

14 hours ago, JimmerNoe said:

Lander has been incredible tonight and looked great against St John’s in limited minutes. If you can just pretend last year didn’t happen I think you would have a lot of folks talking about him developing into a top tier freshman by years end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bardo and crew certainly forgot about last year. They kept calling him a freshman.

3 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Bardo and crew certainly forgot about last year. They kept calling him a freshman.

They were going by his eligibility.  With the free Covid year last year he technically is a freshman along with Leal and Galloway