Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Louisiana - 11/21/21 @ 7:30 on BTN

We have some players that stepped up when TJD had an off game.

We need to get the TOs under control quickly. Pushing tempo will lead to TOs but 32,000 is a bit much. Rebounding is another pattern on the young season to watch.

Glad to see them hitting shots! That’ll do so much for Trayce in the paint and Race slashing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Arizona should be in the top 25 win or lose tonight against Michigan in my opinion.   They are definitely top 25 good.   Buckeyes lost to X on the road so that might drop them out 

The announcer said that Arizona is the best unranked team in the country

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I still don’t see TJD for sure going pro after this year btw.  He’s not going to be a first round pick.  Our donors aren’t bidding against NBA minimum they are bidding against international controls which frankly if we can’t top we are never going to win another NC 

If this is the case, we may see some Woodson'ing happen with three schollys coming in. 

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

We have some players that stepped up when TJD had an off game.

We need to get the TOs under control quickly. Pushing tempo will lead to TOs but 32,000 is a bit much. Rebounding is another pattern on the young season to watch.

Glad to see them hitting shots! That’ll do so much for Trayce in the paint and Race slashing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I know we gave up a lot of offensive rebounds but we still out rebounded them

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Went back and watched the Lander to Leal pass. Just an awesome pass and awesome hustle from Leal. Lander passes the ball before he reaches half court, and Leal is three feet past half court. He catches it in stride and hits the layup without taking a dribble. ACBDCC18-4834-4CA6-8AFA-A67893587529.thumb.png.d67153643c4e7bb307844c45dace7369.png

Man i’ve been saying this since the beginning of last season. He wasn’t physically ready for dI ball and got thrown to the crap of Cam’s offense, but the kid was a top ranked pg for good reason 

My take on tonight's big matchup: 

Wisconsin is for real. The Badgers' setters and hitters are top notch. And their passing is smooooth.
But I think they'll met up with the Gophers again in the NCAAs -- and fall in four sets. 

Did geek a bit when I saw Wisconsin pancake and later got the point.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Woody in the postgame, when asked about all of the turnovers:

”We’re gonna be doing a lotta running in practice tomorrow.”

Love it. Run run run. Louisiana poised zero threat today. 27 turnovers call for cardio until at least 3 guys lose their lunch. 

Fun game. Lots of positives. Love the depth. We aren’t elite top 10 good but we are top 25 good. Shooting felt good today. We aren’t a great rebounding team despite our hustle. Give up way too many OR. Granted St. John’s and LA are tall and long but it’s going to cost us. Almost did vs ST J. Got sloppy at times. Whatever, we were trouncing them.

I’m enjoying IUBB again. Thank goodness.

Great minutes from Lander for the most part.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

5 hours ago, reconmkd said:

That was funny because Chuck announced Louisiana with…. Multiple substitutions!

I noticed that! The guy behind me said it was a line change like hockey.

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Couldn't agree more. In fact, I posted right after the game ended that Fife needs to run a block out drill for these guys. And beat it into their heads. 20 offensive rebounds for the opponent is more than embarrasing, even with bad bounces from bricks being shot. But if LL got 10 more baskets from those 20 offensive rebounds, it's a different game.

Woody will get the TO's resolved. Played a lot of 2nd unit guys a lot of minutes, without starters in there to calm them down.