Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Louisiana - 11/21/21 @ 7:30 on BTN

Some were nervous about this game.

We have a good team.
Saw some pieces start to come together tonight —

Lander showing — and he’ll keep getting better with more PT

Stewart draining shots — that’s big, that’s the floor spreading we’ve wanted from him. Teams will have to honor his shooting even when he’s off.

Bates getting more integrated, double figures.

Kopp played 30 minutes, really solid line and he was hitting the glass

This team has guys with an edge. Haven't had that for a while. JG is growing in confidence by the game. Bates carries himself like an upperclassman already. Lander is settling in and ran the team the way he is capable of. Some of the turnovers were the result of guys being aggressive and trying to make plays. I can live with that. I really like this team.

Just now, JHoosier914 said:

Possible. OSU (19) and MD (20) both lost at home to unranked opponents. Depends on whether they both fall out or not.

I’m not sure we’re there yet, but I like a number next to our team name

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I mean... I(XSN) have us ranked lol

15 minutes ago, killerbeezer said:

So are we a top 25 team? I’m waiting for us to be ranked. 

We were 27th in votes last week before the St John's and Louisiana games.

North Carolina should drop out of the top 25 after two losses.  Ohio State might fall out as well after their home loss to Xavier.  I expect Maryland to fall out after losing to George Mason and only beating Hofstra by 2.

There are four teams that would seem to logically be next in line to enter the top 25 -- Virginia Tech (who was 26th in votes last week), IU (27th in votes), Seton Hall (was receiving votes and then beat Michigan at Michigan), and Xavier (receiving votes and won at Ohio State).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say all four enter and the above three plus USC drops.  USC was 25th and played a couple of nobodies.

4 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

I'm more concerned with the Syracuse zone. If Al Durham can beat the Badgers at home then so can Indiana. 

It’s not the Badgers basketball team I worry about at the Kohl center… We’ve had a few teams that should’ve won up there based off talent over the last 20 years.

Went back and watched the Lander to Leal pass. Just an awesome pass and awesome hustle from Leal. Lander passes the ball before he reaches half court, and Leal is three feet past half court. He catches it in stride and hits the layup without taking a dribble. ACBDCC18-4834-4CA6-8AFA-A67893587529.thumb.png.d67153643c4e7bb307844c45dace7369.png

Just finished watching. Been hard on Lander but he showed he's ready tonight I thought. Stewart will win us 2-3 games this year. Geronimo gives more energy than any other player every single night. Loved seeing Leal get some run and contribute. Anyone else think Durr is a more mobile and less aware version of Deron Davis? Just don't think he provides much right now although I assume he'll prove his value in B1G play. Tamar will be an All-American (depending how long he stays).

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I still don’t see TJD for sure going pro after this year btw.  He’s not going to be a first round pick.  Our donors aren’t bidding against NBA minimum they are bidding against international controls which frankly if we can’t top we are never going to win another NC 

10 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

North Carolina should drop out of the top 25 after two losses.  Ohio State might fall out as well after their home loss to Xavier.  I expect Maryland to fall out after losing to George Mason and only beating Hofstra by 2.

There are four teams that would seem to logically be next in line to enter the top 25 -- Virginia Tech (who was 26th in votes last week), IU (27th in votes), Seton Hall (was receiving votes and then beat Michigan at Michigan), and Xavier (receiving votes and won at Ohio State).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say all four enter and the above three plus USC drops.  USC was 25th and played a couple of nobodies.

Arizona should be in the top 25 win or lose tonight against Michigan in my opinion.   They are definitely top 25 good.   Buckeyes lost to X on the road so that might drop them out 

9 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

The OSU-Xavier game was at the Cintas Center and a home win for X. I think the Hoosiers sneak in, in the 23-25 range. If 'Zona beats UM tonight they may join the rankings as well. VT hasn't played anyone so I'm guessing UNC, OSU, and Maryland drop out while IU, Seton Hall, and BYU move in.